Author Topic: Disc launcher attachment  (Read 10738 times)

Offline MRMILSTAR

• High Voltage Senior
  • Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    • View Profile
Disc launcher attachment
« on: November 19, 2019, 05:51:39 AM »
It appears that I will be making the initial posting in this category. Hopefully, more will follow.

I finished the disc launcher attachment for my pulsed power generator today. It is designed to launch a 3.5" disk drive platter. It consists of 7.75 turns of 9 AWG double-build magnet wire wound in a spiral. It took several attempts before I figured out a way to wind the spiral accurately. The inductance is about 3.5 microhenrys. The resonant frequency with the 100 uF capacitor is about 8.5 kHz.

The coil is recessed into a 4 mm deep hole which I machined into a 0.5" thick sheet of G10. The hole is 3.5" in diameter. The coil was then immersed in 2-part epoxy and covered with a 0.03" thick sheet of G10. The G10 sheet is so thin that you can see the coil through it. A few air bubbles got trapped but that doesn't affect its strength or operation. The coupling to the disc is excellent due to the low 0.03" spacing between the coil and the disk. The final picture shows the disc launcher attachment  installed on my pulsed power generator.

The coil is recessed into the G10 and immersed in epoxy to keep it from flying apart during high-energy operation. I have watched Youtube videos of other disc launchers that mounted the coils free-standing and held in place with tie wraps but they always deform or fly apart at high power. My coil should be able to take at least 1500 Joules of energy but that is probably over-kill for a 3.5" disc. Because of the cold weather I haven't had a chance to test it yet but it should work great.

The final picture shows it installed on my pulse power generator.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 08:43:56 PM by MRMILSTAR »
Steve White
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Retired electrical engineer

Offline klugesmith

• High Voltage Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Disc launcher attachment
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 09:42:20 PM »
Nice work there, Mil.

Are you going to work up from low charge voltages, where disk barely moves or rises only a few inches?
Then I hope you can experiment with pancake coils that have more turns, to get slower pulses, and see how the efficiency changes.  You can use much thinner wire for the low-energy experiments.

The system ought to be completely linear, so pulses with capacitor at 10 volts or 1000 volts differ only in amplitude.
There's an important exception.
The time for disk to move away from coil, changing the RLC parameters, gets smaller as you increase the charge energy. 
Eventually the geometry is changing significantly during the main pulse (60 us?). 
Also, the temperature and electrical resistance of the flying shorted turn are higher at the end of the pulse than at the beginning.

Specific example: consider a bifilar winding (spiral of two identical wires in the same plane), initially connected in parallel.  Now if you change the external connection to series, you should get exactly 4x the resistance and 4x the inductance.  Peak ampere-turn product and magnetic field strength should be the same for both connections.  With series connection, the pulses lasts twice as long, but induced currents in platter are only half as large.  Mechanical impulse (force X time) should be about the same.  Let the experiment be done.

The inductance is about 3.5 microhenrys. The resonant frequency with the 100 uF capacitor is about 8 kHz.
Sounds right, and sqrt(L/C) is about 187 milliohms.   LCR discharge waveform will be oscillatory if the circuit R (total of wire + capacitor ESR) is much smaller than that.  Can you show us a scope picture of discharge from 10 volts?   With and without a disk, or two, on the launch pad.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 01:39:22 AM by klugesmith »

Offline MRMILSTAR

• High Voltage Senior
  • Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 05:23:21 AM »
I need to do some experimentation with this configuration. I chose 9 AWG magnet wire because it was the largest double-build magnet wire that I could find. This wire worked successfully for my can crusher. It took 1500 Joules at 5500 volts without breaking or shorting so I assumed it would be up to the task for a disc launcher spiral pancake coil for up to 1500 Joules. I didn't want the coil to burst. 8 turns of this wire is about all that I can get in a 3.5" diameter circle. I might be able to get 9 turns but making that spiral pancake coil was a real chore to do properly. I need to figure out a better way to wind an accurate spiral pancake coil.

My resonant frequency is about 8500 Hz. My initial calculations indicate that most of the energy is in the initial 2 cycles of the damped sinusoid assuming a total circuit resistance of 0.1 ohms. That gives about 0.25 milliseconds for the disc to launch. Maybe this is too short for the disk mass. I don't know yet. If it is too short I may have to use smaller wire to get more turns to lower the frequency to give more time to launch the disk.

I'm going to start with low energy levels and work my way up. The lowest voltage that my spark gap will trigger at is about 2 - 3 KV. 3 KV yields 450 Joules so that is probably where I'll start.

I can't accurately measure the total circuit resistance with my multimeter because it is so low but I think it is around 0.1 ohm which should yield good oscillatory behavior.

Its all unknowns right now. I haven't found much quantitative information about disc launchers so I think I have to discover the optimum design incrementally.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 05:32:24 AM by MRMILSTAR »
Steve White
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Offline klugesmith

• High Voltage Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 07:43:34 AM »
Have fun!  I think Dave Kni mentioned a disk launcher in his intro a couple months ago.

If it were my project, I'd start at less than 1 joule.  At what energy does the disk barely rise from the launch pad?
Then the voltages are small enough to observe RLC discharge waveform with any old oscilloscope.
The damped ringing waveform (with no disk on the coil) can give you an accurate value for effective total R, and total L including the interconnections.

When I did that with my can crusher, the charging power supply was a 9 volt battery and 1000 ohm resistor.
Of course spark gap switch needs to be bypassed. 
I used a MOSFET, with gate driven by a 555 on same 9 volt battery supply, triggering a discharge about once every second.
With grounded source, the FET happily conducts with low resistance in both directions during the damped oscillation.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 07:55:11 AM by klugesmith »

Offline Hydron

• Administrator
  • High Voltage Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 09:01:08 AM »
Because of the cold weather I haven't had a chance to test it yet but it should work great.
The cold should make it work better!
Looking forward to seeing it going.

Offline Uspring

• High Voltage Engineer
  • Physicist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 03:26:42 PM »
Here's a disc launcher simulator as a LTSpice model. You need as input the circuit parameters and also the dependence of the coupling of the coil to the ring as a function of separation. The coupling can be experimentally established by using the inductance when coupled i.e. Lcoupled = Luncoupled * (1 - k^2).
* RingLauncher.zip

Offline davekni

• Executive Board Member
  • Physicist, engineer (electronic), and hobbiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 05:14:28 AM »
Have fun!  I think Dave Kni mentioned a disk launcher in his intro a couple months ago.
My original disk-launching project was years ago, 2003.  Started with coin-shrinking in 2002, then a bit of disk launching (using the same ancient 14uF 20kV oil/paper pulse capacitor).  Disk launching was originally going to be my first HV project.  Found a few of the disk-launching artifacts in the garage:

Above is an image of an un-launched 5cm disk punched from sheet aluminum, remaining scraps of what was the 16AWG launching coil, the small plywood board that the coil was taped to (with wire impressions from the launch), and the larger target plywood with trip-wire to measure speed.  The disk folded during the launch and buried itself into the target wood.  Speed was barely over sound, 345m/s.  I think the capacitor was close to fully charged, so about 2800 Joules.

This image is of a related test - attempting to form aluminum into a shallow mold.  Didn't work well - perhaps need holes for air to escape.  The coil under the white tape was used once or twice, cracking the tape.  The other smaller coil wasn't used.

Finally, recently (2016), I made a couple small disk launchers (penny launchers).  Here's my video of the first launcher.  The completed battery-powered unit is shown in the final 30 seconds.  The first 6 minutes show simpler examples, starting with a small air-core coil under a penny with a mechanical switch, adding an iron core, changing to a TRIAC switch, etc.  That launcher used 30uF DC link capacitor charged to 550V (slightly above rated 500V), with a core ground from standard line-frequency laminated steel I-core.  I think the coil is 20 or 30 turns of 24AWG magnet wire with epoxy coating, but don't recall for sure.  Could be 27AWG.  Perhaps I'll find notes at some future point.  (The second unit, not shown, uses two 30uF caps in parallel.  It can launch old copper pennies 2~3 meters up, and aluminum disks 4~5 meters.  Haven't measured exactly.)

/>
David Knierim

Offline MRMILSTAR

• High Voltage Senior
  • Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 11:28:40 PM »
I collected some data today on the disc launcher. I have attached 2 scope screen captures. The first one shows the response of the pulsed power generator with the disc launcher coil attached and with no disc. I charged the capacitor to 15 volts and discharged it through the work coil. The second capture shows the same system with a disc in place. The highlights without the disc in place are:

* Resonant frequency = 6.7 kHz
* Total inductance (including parasitics and ESL) = 5.7 uH
* Total resistance (including parasitics and ESR) = 0.04 ohms
* Duration of initial 3 cycles = 450 us

The highlights with the disc in place are:

* Resonant frequency = 9.1 kHz
* Total inductance (including parasitics and ESL) = 3.05 uH
* Total resistance (including parasitics and ESR) = 0.04 ohms
* Duration of initial 3 cycles = 330 us

The summary of what all this tells me seems to be that the time available for the energy to launch the disc is about 0.4 milliseconds assuming most of the energy is expended in the initial 3 cycles. I will have to find out by experimentation if this is too short.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 05:49:27 AM by MRMILSTAR »
Steve White
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Offline klugesmith

• High Voltage Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2019, 03:18:27 AM »
Very nice work there, Steve.  What did you use for a switch?

Prompted by Uspring's remarks: 
Now that you know RLC with 0 and 1 disk, how about a short stack of 2 disks?
Better yet, 1 disk with various thickness spacers between disk and work coil? 
Isn't the lifting force per ampere (squared) proportional to dL/dz?
At what spacing is the oscillation frequency halfway between cases 0 and 1?

The scope pictures show that peak current is higher with disk present.  Shorter time to first zero crossing.  Makes it harder on the capacitor, even if the voltage reversal ratio is a bit smaller.  I guess not very rough on a manly capacitor like yours.

The measured total inductance is large compared to what you'd computed (or measured?) for work coil alone.
I bet the 22 kV capacitor's own ESL is less than 0.1 uH, if it's like mine.
If you attribute 1.7 uH to the interconnecting wires, a way to reduce it is physical compactness and small loop areas.
Keep outgoing and returning wires close together, which unfortunately increases the Lorentz force tending to tear them away from each other.

Now that you know the effective RLC parameters for circuit with 0 disks and 1 disk,
you could take a step I never got to in can crushing days (way back when I was 50).
Get a match using circuit model with disk as a L-R loop, with some finite coupling to the L of work coil. 
Apparently already done or found by Uspring.
I met unexpected resistance (NPI) trying to solve it analytically, and never went and simulated it.
Physics note: The most common engineering alloys of aluminum are more resistive, by around 50%, than pure Al or wiring-grade Al.  But I bet the resistance penalty from high temperature is relatively smaller.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 03:53:21 AM by klugesmith »

Offline MRMILSTAR

• High Voltage Senior
  • Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2019, 05:21:55 AM »
Thanks kluge!

My "switch" was merely myself manually using a short wire to bypass the spark gap after charging which is about as simple as I can think of.  The scope was set to trigger on an edge.

Since my capacitor is rated for 22 KV, 20% voltage reversal, and over 150,000 amps peak, charging it to a maximum of 5500 volts (1500 Joules) for the disc launcher will pose no problems with voltage reversal.

I've just been using a simple RLC simulation to play with resonant frequency, resistance, capacitance, inductance, and Q factor. This is actually what I used to figure out the total resistance and inductance based on the other known parameters and those gathered from the scope traces. I suppose the next step would be a more sophisticated SPICE model.

It would be very difficult to make my connections much shorter. I explored this a lot before I built the machine. Shortening a lead in one place makes it longer somewhere else. And then there are the Lorentz forces as you mentioned. I also worry a lot about flash-over at high energy levels if things are made too compact. I recall seeing a Brian Basura video several years ago where he recounts a high-energy flash-over that he had with his coin shrinker which knocked him down and stunned him from 8 feet away. I examined the pictures of his machine and in my opinion he had things too compact which lead to that event.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 06:56:29 AM by MRMILSTAR »
Steve White
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Offline davekni

• Executive Board Member
  • Physicist, engineer (electronic), and hobbiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 06:53:40 PM »
Great point about flash-over risk.  That's why my coin shrinker is in the far corner of my garage.  Charging and triggering is from inside the house.  It is a compact (and lower energy - only 14uF) system.  When it has flashed over, the bang is much louder than a normal coil shrink.
David Knierim

Offline Uspring

• High Voltage Engineer
  • Physicist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2019, 03:27:29 PM »
klugesmith wrote:
Isn't the lifting force per ampere (squared) proportional to dL/dz?

Yes, it is 1/2 * I^2 *dL/dz
for a perfectly conducting disk. Interestingly, this makes the force only dependent on the energy stored in the coil.

MRMILSTAR wrote:
I will have to find out by experimentation if this is too short.

A ballpark estimate of takeoff time is this:
First an estimate of energy acquired by the disk. In the ideal case of no losses and input energy of E0=1500J, the energy E of the disk would be:
E = E0 * (L1-L2)/L1,
where L1 is the coils inductance without the disk and L2 with the disk. This comes out to about 700J.
Assuming a disk mass of 30g, that would be a speed of roughly 200m/s. Say, the acceleration is constant over a 5cm distance, that would imply an average speed of 100m/s, i.e. a travelling time of 500us.
The first assumption, i.e. no losses underestimates the travelling time, the speed of the disk will actually be smaller. The second assumption, i.e. constant acceleration overestimates the travelling time, since the acceleration will be larger initially and then drop off. I expect the effect of losses to be larger, since with ballpark values of around 500us travelling times, the circuit resistances will have eaten a lot of the energy out of the coil.
I recommend wearing the gear you show in your icon.

Offline MRMILSTAR

• High Voltage Senior
  • Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2019, 04:18:36 PM »
I did a test launch today and the results were impressive to say the least. At 1000 Joules the disc reached a height of about 80 feet. The acceleration was so fast that I couldn't follow it very well. I tried 1250 Joules but the acceleration was so high that it cupped the disc so I am restricting the energy input to 1000 Joules. I don't even want to attempt a 1500 Joule shot.

The best news is that my spiral pancake coil held up with no damage even at 1250 Joules. I would attach a video but the file is too large (35 MB). You can't see much anyway because of the high acceleration but you can hear that distinctive "ping" sound when it launches. I need to make a Youtube channel so that I can post these videos.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 08:52:12 PM by MRMILSTAR »
Steve White
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Offline klugesmith

• High Voltage Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2019, 06:06:16 PM »
Hooray!

Here is a question that might deserve answering by experiment, by model, or by talking on a forum.

As a disc elevator, Steve's new toy is about 0.7% efficient, from initially reported numbers.
For 30 g lifted to 80 feet, m g h is about 7 joules, 5 foot-pounds.
(Can you set up under a tree and shoot at squirrels?)

Will it be measurably more efficient at smaller energies, because less is lost to aerodynamic drag?
More efficient still when disc is well coupled for the whole RLC discharge?
Or less efficient because we care about force x distance, not force x time?

Data from a series of energies might help to confirm or refine dynamic models like Uspring has brought here.

Near the low end, 1 joule at same efficiency ought to lift the disc about 1 inch.
Starting with 141 volts, which is much too small for spark gap switch and maybe too large for the casually manipulated bypass wire.
This is a case where one could use an old screwdriver, without being guilty of capacitor abuse.
How 'bout simple attachment to turn mechanically triggered spark gap into a contactor?

[edit] Another easy test, for the field and for modeling, is to launch stacks of 2 or more disks.  Loose, or glued or taped together.  I think they will be strongly attracted to each other by the induced currents.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 06:20:46 PM by klugesmith »

Offline MRMILSTAR

• High Voltage Senior
  • Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2019, 09:05:53 PM »
If I wasn't afraid of hurting someone I would design and make a proper aerodynamic projectile that would travel much higher. The problem is that I don't want some pointy object coming down on someone's head at high speed! I don't want to replay the "Lawn Dart" fiasco from many years ago. So even though the discs have terrible aerodynamic properties, they won't hurt anyone falling from altitude.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 09:14:29 PM by MRMILSTAR »
Steve White
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Offline Uspring

• High Voltage Engineer
  • Physicist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2019, 01:44:44 PM »
Much better than a ballpark estimate is a real simulation. I've attached a LTSPice model modified to MRMILSTARs parameters at 1000J. I'm not sure about the disk mass and the dependence of the coupling on disk height. Out comes a speed of about 55m/s.
* RingLauncher2.zip
Comparing the simulation result (55m/s) to my previous estimate (200m/s), there's a big difference. I've traced this to these reasons:

1. I'd assumed an input energy of 1500J instead of 1000J.

2. I hadn't considered, that the energy in the coil is on the average only half that as the peak energy. That's due to the oscillation, sorry, a big blunder.

3. For simplicity I've neglected the losses due to the ESR. A simulation with e.g. a 10 times lower ESR results in more than twice the speed.

55m/s would make the disk rise to about 150m. In vacuum, of course.

Offline klugesmith

• High Voltage Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2019, 07:00:04 PM »
About disk mass: are the platter sizes standard even between different HDD makers?  The ones right here are just over 0.031" thick, with OD of 3 5/16 inches and ID of 25 mm.  Centigram scale is not far away.

Uspring, what's the basis of your L and R values in electrical model of the disk?

Before reading the latest reply, I could not resist starting a FEMM model, so far just with pancake coil.  Really hope this is not hijacking Steve's thread.  Wanted to investigate how much the current density in Al platter varies with radius.  Anyone else looked into that?  With that knowledge, one could replace the platter with a spiral-wound sense coil of same dimensions, to measure coupling vs Z on the bench.  That would complement Steve's measurement of effective R and L with platter in different places, even just zero and infinity.

As a sanity check, the FEA simulation with coil declared as 8 turns gave inductance of 3.38 uH.  Maximum B is reported as just over 3 teslas with 15000 amperes (my SWAG).

Here's a way to make a strong pancake coil with very good fill factor _and_ ability to make the current density vary with radius.  Start with a plate of copper or aluminum (it doesn't have to be round) and cut a spiral slot with a bandsaw.  The air space from saw kerf could then be reduced by uncoiling the turns slightly, after inserting a thin strip of insulating material.  If the saw blade width is a problem for curved cutting near center of coil, cut spiral with bigger hole in the middle, then tighten the coil from inside out. Or get the cut made by laser or plasma or water jet or EDM. :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 07:24:36 PM by klugesmith »

Offline MRMILSTAR

• High Voltage Senior
  • Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2019, 08:29:29 PM »
Your not hijacking my thread at all. Any information related to this project whether gathered by experiment, simulation, or analysis is valuable for me and others.

Apparently there are 2 different thicknesses of discs that I have. I hadn't noticed until now. Here are the dimensions.

* Thickness: 0.07 inches and 0.05 inches
* Outer diameter: 3.75 inches
* Inner diameter: 0.98 inches

Apparently so-called 3.5 inch HD platters aren't as standardized as I thought. They aren't even 3.5 inches! The outer diameter of my coil is 3.75 inches with an inside diameter of approximately 1 inch. I can't find my scale or I would have supplied the weight. For maximum fidelity in your simulation my coil actually has 7.75 turns.

Those are some interesting ideas for making an accurate spiral. The water jet sounds the most attractive to me. I also have a possibly simpler idea involving the placement of guide nails on a flat wooden winding form after an accurate spiral has been traced onto it.

I had to make a slight modification to my work coil platform. The thrust force was so strong that it would bounce my coil mount up away from the blast box steel sides. It would then fall down into the blast box. To correct that I glued four rare-earth magnets which I salvaged from a dead HD drive to the bottom of the coil mount. These magnets now will hold the mount tightly against the top edges of the steel blast box walls when firing.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 09:01:03 PM by MRMILSTAR »
Steve White
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Offline klugesmith

• High Voltage Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2019, 09:19:59 PM »
From picture in your OP, it looks like the steel is far enough away not to magnetically interfere with the launcher.
And the rare earth magnets are far enough away not to be demagnetized by the shot.
How much does the horizontal insulating bar flex during a shot?  Would it help to back it up with a vertical wooden post in the middle?

Hey, to complement the coin and can and disk hammering attachments, how about a magnetizing fixture?
See if you can re-magnetize a rare-earth magnet to be just as strong in the opposite direction, using a durable work coil.
More challenging for show and tell is to get one de-magnetized.  Uh, I guess that can be done nondestructively by heating.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 09:29:35 PM by klugesmith »

Offline MRMILSTAR

• High Voltage Senior
  • Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2019, 11:12:52 PM »
Those bolts that you see are made of brass. There is no ferrous material in the launcher. The magnets are mounted at the far ends of the support. I have similar magnets on my can crusher attachment at the same locations and have had no problem with demagnetization.

I don't know how much it is flexing because I can't see it well enough. I can't imagine it is much because the entire mount is made of G10. The coil holder is 0.5 inches thick and the longer supporting bar is 3/8 inch. I can easily add a stiffening bar of G10 if I have to.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 11:21:22 PM by MRMILSTAR »
Steve White
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

High Voltage Forum

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2019, 11:12:52 PM »

* Recent Topics and Posts

post Re: Re-chargeable 1.5 volt lithium ion AAA batteries
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
Today at 04:47:35 AM
[General Chat]
davekni
Today at 03:59:27 AM
post Re: Kaizer VTTC 1
[Vacuum Tube Tesla Coils (VTTC)]
MRMILSTAR
March 28, 2024, 09:15:11 PM
post Re: capacitor and diodes. Voltage values for a CW
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 28, 2024, 01:01:12 PM
post Re: Big Coil Build Log
[Dual Resonant Solid State Tesla coils (DRSSTC)]
flyingperson23
March 28, 2024, 05:47:34 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
davekni
March 28, 2024, 04:45:07 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 28, 2024, 04:18:27 AM
post Push Pull VTTC
[Vacuum Tube Tesla Coils (VTTC)]
janno288
March 28, 2024, 01:10:08 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 27, 2024, 10:54:52 PM
post Re: CM400 Induction Heater
[Electronic Circuits]
markus
March 27, 2024, 11:53:42 AM
post Re: OCD Triggering Early + Low Output
davekni
March 27, 2024, 05:14:36 AM
post Re: Is the UD2.7C under voltage lock out basically worthless?
davekni
March 27, 2024, 04:47:48 AM
post Re: DRSSTC Questions
davekni
March 27, 2024, 04:41:59 AM
alan sailer
March 27, 2024, 12:04:34 AM
post Re: Super flat QCW simulation (does this look reasonable?)
toooldforthis
March 26, 2024, 11:08:14 PM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 26, 2024, 11:07:20 PM
post Re: Is the UD2.7C under voltage lock out basically worthless?
Benjamin Lockhart
March 26, 2024, 10:46:29 PM
post OCD Triggering Early + Low Output
Saattvik24
March 26, 2024, 09:03:43 PM
alan sailer
March 26, 2024, 08:46:59 PM
flyingperson23
March 26, 2024, 05:02:18 PM
alan sailer
March 26, 2024, 03:16:03 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
Anders Mikkelsen
March 26, 2024, 01:41:49 PM
post Re: Benjamin's DRSSTC 2 in progress
Benjamin Lockhart
March 26, 2024, 04:48:22 AM
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
March 26, 2024, 04:16:37 AM
davekni
March 26, 2024, 04:16:24 AM
post Re: Smoke Screen Machine Protect 950 XP - Teardown of a Smoke Cannon!
[Electronic Circuits]
davekni
March 26, 2024, 04:13:02 AM
[Electronic Circuits]
davekni
March 26, 2024, 04:00:43 AM
[General Chat]
davekni
March 26, 2024, 03:19:18 AM
thedoc298
March 26, 2024, 01:50:42 AM
flyingperson23
March 25, 2024, 08:05:02 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
Mads Barnkob
March 25, 2024, 07:41:29 PM
alan sailer
March 25, 2024, 06:45:46 PM
flyingperson23
March 25, 2024, 05:44:25 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
Anders Mikkelsen
March 25, 2024, 04:47:17 PM
alan sailer
March 25, 2024, 04:27:22 PM
post Re-chargeable 1.5 volt lithium ion AAA batteries
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
March 25, 2024, 03:57:34 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
markus
March 25, 2024, 02:06:41 PM
post Re: Odd MOSFET Driver Behavior
[Solid State Tesla Coils (SSTC)]
KrisPringle
March 25, 2024, 04:43:25 AM
davekni
March 25, 2024, 02:39:40 AM
KrisPringle
March 25, 2024, 12:47:09 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 24, 2024, 07:36:32 PM
post Re: My completed 14-stage Cockroft-Walton voltage multiplier
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 24, 2024, 07:27:24 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 24, 2024, 04:25:23 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 23, 2024, 10:47:35 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 23, 2024, 09:30:21 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 23, 2024, 04:34:31 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 23, 2024, 03:04:25 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 23, 2024, 01:38:34 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 23, 2024, 04:20:03 AM
post Re: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)
[General Chat]
davekni
March 23, 2024, 12:54:30 AM
[Electronic Circuits]
davekni
March 23, 2024, 12:05:57 AM
post capacitor and diodes. Voltage values for a CW
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 22, 2024, 11:45:03 PM
post Re: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)
[General Chat]
OmGigaTron
March 22, 2024, 11:30:09 PM
post Smoke Screen Machine Protect 950 XP - Teardown of a Smoke Cannon!
[Electronic Circuits]
Mads Barnkob
March 22, 2024, 10:20:35 PM
post Re: Where's all this voltage coming from?
[Spark Gap Tesla Coils (SGTC)]
Benbmw
March 22, 2024, 09:21:13 PM
post Re: What actually kills MOSFETs?
[Beginners]
AstRii
March 22, 2024, 03:37:11 PM
post What actually kills MOSFETs?
[Beginners]
FPS
March 22, 2024, 05:09:20 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 22, 2024, 03:57:54 AM
davekni
March 22, 2024, 02:59:25 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 21, 2024, 06:31:42 PM
post Re: 2x Panasonic Inverter Microwaves - what to salvage, dangers?
[General Chat]
rikkitikkitavi
March 21, 2024, 03:08:01 PM
post Re: [WTS] IGBT, Ferrite, Capacitors, Tools, PSU, Industrial components and parts
[Sell / Buy / Trade]
Mads Barnkob
March 21, 2024, 01:37:32 PM
post Re: Difference between these transformers
[Transformer (Ferrite Core)]
Alberto
March 21, 2024, 11:42:07 AM
post Re: Phase Lead Questions
davekni
March 21, 2024, 04:09:14 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 21, 2024, 02:15:31 AM
post My Homemade Structural Analysis X-Ray Machine
[X-ray]
Luca c.
March 21, 2024, 01:35:40 AM
Saattvik24
March 20, 2024, 10:40:00 PM
post Re: Difference between these transformers
[Transformer (Ferrite Core)]
Mads Barnkob
March 20, 2024, 08:03:41 PM
[General Chat]
Mads Barnkob
March 20, 2024, 07:51:57 PM
Mads Barnkob
March 20, 2024, 10:39:47 AM
davekni
March 20, 2024, 04:09:59 AM
post Re: 160mm DRSSTC II project | Questions
Benjamin Lockhart
March 20, 2024, 01:13:23 AM
Keybored
March 20, 2024, 12:45:16 AM
flyingperson23
March 20, 2024, 12:30:30 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 19, 2024, 11:12:24 PM
Late
March 19, 2024, 09:47:49 PM
Late
March 19, 2024, 09:44:19 PM
post Phase Lead Questions
Saattvik24
March 19, 2024, 06:52:09 PM
flyingperson23
March 19, 2024, 05:02:44 PM
[General Chat]
Mads Barnkob
March 19, 2024, 05:01:41 PM
Mads Barnkob
March 19, 2024, 04:31:02 PM
Mads Barnkob
March 19, 2024, 03:59:54 PM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 19, 2024, 06:41:39 AM
[General Chat]
davekni
March 19, 2024, 04:05:49 AM
[General Chat]
OmGigaTron
March 18, 2024, 09:08:35 PM
post Re: Can I Trust This Super Cheap Site?
[General Chat]
2020-Man
March 18, 2024, 09:07:35 PM
[General Chat]
Twospoons
March 18, 2024, 08:57:06 PM
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
March 18, 2024, 03:51:33 PM
Late
March 18, 2024, 02:59:46 PM
Late
March 18, 2024, 02:33:25 PM
post Can I Trust This Super Cheap Site?
[General Chat]
2020-Man
March 18, 2024, 11:02:12 AM
Twospoons
March 18, 2024, 02:36:11 AM
post Re: Best forum for vacuum tube amplifiers?
[General Chat]
Mads Barnkob
March 17, 2024, 07:42:55 PM
[General Chat]
Michelle_
March 17, 2024, 04:15:14 PM
[General Chat]
Michelle_
March 17, 2024, 05:05:04 AM
davekni
March 17, 2024, 04:50:51 AM
[General Chat]
Twospoons
March 17, 2024, 04:45:17 AM
post 2x Panasonic Inverter Microwaves - what to salvage, dangers?
[General Chat]
Michelle_
March 17, 2024, 04:17:51 AM
post Where's all this voltage coming from?
Terry
March 17, 2024, 01:29:32 AM
flyingperson23
March 17, 2024, 12:33:06 AM

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal