Author Topic: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)  (Read 65942 times)

Offline Skeluroth

• High Voltage Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2021, 04:20:14 PM »
Hey guys,
i'm Skeluroth from Germany! I repair old lab equipment mainly the from 80s and try to learn to learn some more complex analog circuitry from that. I have done a couple little projects with uC and computers but no rocket science really. My main interest are high voltage (preferably even high power :D) projects. For example I built a 12kVA power supply out of 8 MOTs with resonant caps that can do over a meter long plasma channels. Now I'm working on a 9,9kVA 3 phase variac supply to get me started on proper big stuff. I am thinking about a SGTC... but that will take a while. I will post videos of that when I'm finished on my YouTube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWU4pDY8xWD1uiTjKvGmGBg

Offline jhorneljohn02

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2021, 05:53:40 PM »
Hello Everyone!

My name is Jhornel and I am from the Philippines but currently living in Japan.

I just became a member of the High Voltage Forum today.

I have been interested in Electronics and High Voltage since 2005 but just started building my first SSTC this year.

I am still a beginner with regards to SSTCs and beyond.

I hope to have good friends here and hope to learn a lot from everyone.

All the best

Offline mrsebe

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2021, 07:56:07 PM »
Hello, my name is Sebastian and I'm from New York. I'm a senior in highschool and am going to study Mechanical engineering (most likely) in college. I have been building and tinkering with electronics since I was a 6th grader, and give all credit to YouTube for learning everything, haha. I have built a couple small tesla coils, a small SGTC and some SSTC's, however I want to build a DRSSTC and need some guidance as to where I should start, hence me joining this forum.

Offline Vdekje

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2021, 10:33:53 PM »
Hi all,

I'm from California, and am currently working on further improving my 4-1000A VTTC while waiting for bleeder resistors for a larger doubler capacitor and a variac to soft start the filament supply for an 8890 I got for $40. I am quite interested in ramping VTTCs using non-mains methods for larger output.

Here's my YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLakGu_4QDtogIQJ_vH-whw/videos

Good to be here!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 10:38:32 PM by Vdekje »

Offline kaboooom2000uk

• Oi oi
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2021, 08:43:47 AM »
HI i am ADAM from GB - Maintenance engineer for automation equipment been doing that for the past 14 years, but served my aprenticeship at a transformer company where I was doing winding and prototype coil work testing etc. I have been active mostly on FB high voltage groups but I will prob try to put some of my projects on here, might be interesting (or not) but hopefully so. I have been playing with high voltage and SGTCs since I was a kid, but only recently discovered the joy of VTTCs. Made a few magnifiers, and now playing with solid state drivers and designing some PCBs for them.  Hope to get some inspiration here and share my ideas if they are welcomed. 

I have a youtube channel where I upload my antics. if I am allowed here is the link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3uVeWj8-Wp0Q3qj_jjd_wg
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 08:53:14 AM by kaboooom2000uk »

Offline vasil

• View Profile
Hello forum

My name is Liviu Vasiliu (vasil), an old member of 4hv.org forum., 50 years, medical oncologist.  When I was young I dreamed to build nuclear reactors but the fate turned me to medicine. I live in Bacau, Romania.  I like to build tesla coils and other electric devices.  Among other hobbies I like photo, travels and collecting postcards from old Botosani, my native town.

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/liviu.vasiliu.50
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzbD9f1_jvc3K00xii4XgdA
My postcard collection: https://www.facebook.com/Botosaniidealtadata

Offline Chrisader

• View Profile
Best greetings for all HV Community!
My name is Chris. I'm from Poland. I'm phisioterapist.
After ours I love to tinker in electronics, mainly with Tesla coils and stuff related with it...
I have some experience with making Tesla coils and power supply for them.
I did SGTC, SSTC, ZVS, Slayer-Kacher, Push Pull, E-Class, Flyback transformers which average power not exceeding 1kW.
My main goal at this moment is make DRSSTC driver of coursly with phase correction ZCS which be able to power medium and large coils.
This would be my main topic which I will be interested in and ask questions.

Offline HassLiebe

• View Profile
Hello everyone,
My name is Anatolii, i am from Ukraine. Working as product engineer in oil and gas and wastewater industry.
After work i love to repair my old Soviet Lada from 1972 :)
I would like to tell more to this world about the electromagnetic influence, if we control it - the results can be great!

Offline Duane B

• High Voltage Experimenter
    • View Profile
    • Roaring 20s Superhets
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2021, 04:16:47 AM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Duane Bylund. I’m new to this forum but not new to Tesla coils and high voltage. I built my first Tesla coils back in 1971, a SG unit with a 2 kV luminous tube transformer, and a tube unit with one 811-A tube. Perhaps my most crowning acheivement was a SS base-driven coil that was published in the September, 1991 Radio Electronics magazine.

I graduated from college in 1977 with an Associates degree in Electronics Technology and promptly got a job at a large rocket motor manufacturing plant in Bacchus, Utah. I had that job for nearly 44 years and just recently retired. My main responsibilities were the love and care of high-energy X-ray machines, including one resotron (1.2 million volts, or MEV – similar to a Tesla coil), two betatrons (25 MEV), and several linatrons (Linear accellerators - 15 MEV, 9 MEV, 3 MEV, 2 MEV, and 1 MEV). I also maintained all kinds of chem lab equipment, including Inductively Coupled Plasma spectrometers, IR spectrometers, XRF spectrometers, etc. Other instruments included scale systems, CCTV video systems, mass spectrometer leak detectors, firing systems, data acquisition systems, etc. I feel very fortunate to have been able to work on some of the high-energy X-ray stuff because much of that technology is obsolete now and no longer used.

My main hobbies include collecting and studying 1920s superheterodyne radios, relic hunting historical sites with a metal detector, and studying Tesla coils. I haven’t done much with Tesla coils since 1991 and still use that old Radio Electronics SS driver as my main power source. I know I am obsolete, but I do want to learn a few new things, and hopefully I’ll be able to contribute once in a while.
Duane Bylund

Offline Mathieu

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2021, 04:04:07 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Mathieu Brand, born 1973 in the Netherlands. I live in Malaysia since 2016, and have been working most of my career in the semiconductor industry as a global fieldservice engineer, with expertise in molding, T&F and laser separation equipment. Tired of travelling settled 4 years ago for a less hectic life as teacher/trainer.
 Hobbies have to satisfy my technical needs now, so I picked up drone building/flying, building demonstration material for STEM classes and during last year developed an interest  for tesla coils.  Started building the first DRSSTC after a small but feisty SSTC.
Hopefully my variac will arrive soon, so the DRSSTC can see first light without releasing as much magic smoke as the the first coil  :)
Pretty sure that by that time the questions will arrive as well, one never stops learning.

Stay safe! 

Offline Duane B

• View Profile
    • Roaring 20s Superhets
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2021, 06:08:31 PM »
Mathieu,

Welcome to the forum! I too am interested in studying the inner workings of the DRSSTC. I'm an old man now, so I am leaning towards just buying one fully assembled rather than building it myself. I have always loved sparks! You be safe too!
Duane Bylund

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
    • Kaizer Power Electronics
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2021, 08:39:50 PM »
Some new heavy weight members! I hope you find all the help your need for your Tesla coil building here, you certainly have the background in place, let us help you with the rest :)
https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk - Tesla coils, high voltage, pulse power, audio and general electronics
https://www.youtube.com/KaizerPowerElectronicsDk60/join - Please consider supporting the forum, websites and youtube channel!

Offline Nightlase

• Science, Technology and Engineering
    • View Profile
    • Nightlase Technologies
« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2021, 02:32:17 AM »
Greetings All,

My name is Flavio, from Sydney, Australia.

I have long held interests in electronics, lasers and high voltage since a young lad, and finally last year I embarked on building a small Tesla coil, and since working on several other projects. My full time job is in the medical industry as a service engineering on diagnostic imaging instruments for Ophthalmology.

My project coil started out more as an experiment to gain experience with material selection, winding secondaries and to see if even could get something working.

As the project evolved, it became a serious little piece of kit.
Input to the coil is 130W (6kV/30mA NST). The secondary is 30mm x 132mm. The top load measures: 152mm x 38.64 with a calculated capacitance of 6.61pF

The coil operates at 1.36MHz resonant frequency (with simulated streamer).

Additional details on this project on my website as well as my High-Frequency Solid State coil, and many other projects.

https://www.nightlase.com.au/?pg=teslacoil
https://www.nightlase.com.au/?pg=hfsstc

Flavio Spedalieri - Photographer, Artist & Engineer.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/flaviospedalieri/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NightlaseAU

Offline Duane B

• View Profile
    • Roaring 20s Superhets
« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2021, 08:10:11 PM »
Hi Flavio, welcome to the forum! You have a nice web site and good documentation work on your Tesla coils! Thanks for sharing your information.
Duane Bylund

Offline Nightlase

• Science, Technology and Engineering
    • View Profile
    • Nightlase Technologies
« Reply #134 on: September 10, 2021, 05:01:10 AM »
Hello Duane,

Thank you, and for your kind feedback  :)

You certainly have some great experience with various technologies and equipment... Now that you mention about the Radio Electronics Magazine, wow this is a blast from the past. I have a hard copy of this magazine that i purchased just to read about the Tesla Coil. This was designed around circuit similar to a flyback and fed the secondary coil (wound on the yellow bucket).

For those whom may not have ever seen the article, I have just found a archive that is available to read:

https://archive.org/details/radio_electronics_1991-09/mode/2up

In 1991, I was 16, still in high school and constantly found in the school library getting hold of any texts and books on Lasers and High-Voltage. I came across this article with interest, and no doubt a solid-state coil of this nature at the time was pretty much cutting-edge.

Love to chat more about your experiences and stories :)

Flavio Spedalieri - Photographer, Artist & Engineer.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/flaviospedalieri/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NightlaseAU

Offline Duane B

• View Profile
    • Roaring 20s Superhets
« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2021, 06:29:20 PM »
Flavio, thank you for the kind words about the Radio-Electronics article!

I vaguely remember a large industrial laser that my place of employment had in the late 1970s. This was a 200-watt unit that was some 15 feet long. I believe it was CO2. The beam would go into a special interlocked and reinforced room where it would reflect off a water-cooled first-surface mirror into a small sample of rocket propellant. The only other thing I remember about it is the Eimac 3-500Z tubes inside the head. Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to work on it.
Duane Bylund

Offline imp

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2021, 02:38:22 AM »
Hello! I am Jack, just registered after quite a bit of not understanding the layout, perhaps because I was trained in Electronics when solid state was in it's infancy.

Later, following that, I earned degrees in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, those also from long ago. Meanwhile the technical world passed me by as surviving became more important than keeping technically current.

As a young man, teenager, money being "tight" and my "fast car interests" prevailed, I became quite proficient in most skilled work: welding, hydraulic, mechanics and the like.

I built my first Tesla Coil while a sophomore in high school, but could not enter it in the Science Fair since I had been placed in accelerated science classes instead of General Science; I gave it to my friend, who entered it, and took first place! The device used an old power transformer I scrounged from the family's discarded Atwater-Kent radio, 1200 plate volts winding, and two 811-A Triodes in parallel. I believe the article describing building it came from one of the then-popular magazines like Popular Mechanics. The bug had bitten me!

I went on to build a number of high-voltage devices, the apex of which was a working X-Ray machine using a Barium PlatinoCyanide fluorescent screen! That thing examined numerous hands, the family cat and canary-bird, and proved to family and friends: the kid was nuts!

Offline Arasnsv

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2021, 09:17:56 PM »
Hi there!

I'm Corey, and I am currently a university student in California, USA. I am actually a math major and not an engineering major, but I still like to do engineering-type projects. Right now I am currently trying to build my first tesla coil for a project for one of my classes. I am very much still learning as I go, but many threads on this forum have been extremely helpful in learning all that I need to know, so thank you. I don't have any links to add right now, but after I finish my coil, I will definitely be publishing something.

Offline Electronerd

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2021, 01:57:39 PM »
Hi im Riley,
I'm from Australia and I have been doing basic low voltage electronics for a while and when I turned 14 I found the realm of high voltage with a MOT and have started experimenting with mini tesla coils and have even started off on a Dual MOT SGTC but I really like DRSSTC and have tried to build a full bridge for a mini integrated sstc that I got, but it failed and I also got another tesla coil that I killed and need help trying to fix. Here's my YouTube channel where I post what im working on been mostly tesla coils.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKbFIQ-i0Nh4R_dWl66blsw

Offline Duane B

• View Profile
    • Roaring 20s Superhets
« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2021, 08:39:00 PM »
Hi Cory, welcome to this forum. What kind of coil are you trying to build for your first? Looking forward to seeing what you publish!

Hi Riley, welcome to the forum also. Nice videos on your YouTube channel! Good luck on your future builds!
Duane Bylund

High Voltage Forum

« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2021, 08:39:00 PM »

* Recent Topics and Posts

post Re: Big Coil Build Log
[Dual Resonant Solid State Tesla coils (DRSSTC)]
flyingperson23
Today at 05:47:34 AM
post Re: capacitor and diodes. Voltage values for a CW
[Voltage Multipliers]
davekni
Today at 04:45:07 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
Today at 04:18:27 AM
post Push Pull VTTC
[Vacuum Tube Tesla Coils (VTTC)]
janno288
Today at 01:10:08 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 27, 2024, 10:54:52 PM
post Re: CM400 Induction Heater
[Electronic Circuits]
markus
March 27, 2024, 11:53:42 AM
post Re: OCD Triggering Early + Low Output
davekni
March 27, 2024, 05:14:36 AM
post Re: Is the UD2.7C under voltage lock out basically worthless?
davekni
March 27, 2024, 04:47:48 AM
post Re: DRSSTC Questions
davekni
March 27, 2024, 04:41:59 AM
alan sailer
March 27, 2024, 12:04:34 AM
post Re: Super flat QCW simulation (does this look reasonable?)
toooldforthis
March 26, 2024, 11:08:14 PM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 26, 2024, 11:07:20 PM
post Re: Is the UD2.7C under voltage lock out basically worthless?
Benjamin Lockhart
March 26, 2024, 10:46:29 PM
post OCD Triggering Early + Low Output
Saattvik24
March 26, 2024, 09:03:43 PM
alan sailer
March 26, 2024, 08:46:59 PM
flyingperson23
March 26, 2024, 05:02:18 PM
alan sailer
March 26, 2024, 03:16:03 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
Anders Mikkelsen
March 26, 2024, 01:41:49 PM
post Re: Benjamin's DRSSTC 2 in progress
Benjamin Lockhart
March 26, 2024, 04:48:22 AM
post Re: Re-chargeable 1.5 volt lithium ion AAA batteries
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
March 26, 2024, 04:16:37 AM
davekni
March 26, 2024, 04:16:24 AM
post Re: Smoke Screen Machine Protect 950 XP - Teardown of a Smoke Cannon!
[Electronic Circuits]
davekni
March 26, 2024, 04:13:02 AM
[Electronic Circuits]
davekni
March 26, 2024, 04:00:43 AM
post Re: Re-chargeable 1.5 volt lithium ion AAA batteries
[General Chat]
davekni
March 26, 2024, 03:19:18 AM
thedoc298
March 26, 2024, 01:50:42 AM
flyingperson23
March 25, 2024, 08:05:02 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
Mads Barnkob
March 25, 2024, 07:41:29 PM
alan sailer
March 25, 2024, 06:45:46 PM
flyingperson23
March 25, 2024, 05:44:25 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
Anders Mikkelsen
March 25, 2024, 04:47:17 PM
alan sailer
March 25, 2024, 04:27:22 PM
post Re-chargeable 1.5 volt lithium ion AAA batteries
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
March 25, 2024, 03:57:34 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
markus
March 25, 2024, 02:06:41 PM
post Re: Odd MOSFET Driver Behavior
[Solid State Tesla Coils (SSTC)]
KrisPringle
March 25, 2024, 04:43:25 AM
davekni
March 25, 2024, 02:39:40 AM
KrisPringle
March 25, 2024, 12:47:09 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 24, 2024, 07:36:32 PM
post Re: My completed 14-stage Cockroft-Walton voltage multiplier
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 24, 2024, 07:27:24 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 24, 2024, 04:25:23 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 23, 2024, 10:47:35 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 23, 2024, 09:30:21 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 23, 2024, 04:34:31 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 23, 2024, 03:04:25 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 23, 2024, 01:38:34 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 23, 2024, 04:20:03 AM
post Re: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)
[General Chat]
davekni
March 23, 2024, 12:54:30 AM
[Electronic Circuits]
davekni
March 23, 2024, 12:05:57 AM
post capacitor and diodes. Voltage values for a CW
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 22, 2024, 11:45:03 PM
post Re: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)
[General Chat]
OmGigaTron
March 22, 2024, 11:30:09 PM
post Smoke Screen Machine Protect 950 XP - Teardown of a Smoke Cannon!
[Electronic Circuits]
Mads Barnkob
March 22, 2024, 10:20:35 PM
post Re: Where's all this voltage coming from?
[Spark Gap Tesla Coils (SGTC)]
Benbmw
March 22, 2024, 09:21:13 PM
post Re: What actually kills MOSFETs?
[Beginners]
AstRii
March 22, 2024, 03:37:11 PM
post What actually kills MOSFETs?
[Beginners]
FPS
March 22, 2024, 05:09:20 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 22, 2024, 03:57:54 AM
davekni
March 22, 2024, 02:59:25 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 21, 2024, 06:31:42 PM
post Re: 2x Panasonic Inverter Microwaves - what to salvage, dangers?
[General Chat]
rikkitikkitavi
March 21, 2024, 03:08:01 PM
post Re: [WTS] IGBT, Ferrite, Capacitors, Tools, PSU, Industrial components and parts
[Sell / Buy / Trade]
Mads Barnkob
March 21, 2024, 01:37:32 PM
post Re: Difference between these transformers
[Transformer (Ferrite Core)]
Alberto
March 21, 2024, 11:42:07 AM
post Re: Phase Lead Questions
davekni
March 21, 2024, 04:09:14 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 21, 2024, 02:15:31 AM
post My Homemade Structural Analysis X-Ray Machine
[X-ray]
Luca c.
March 21, 2024, 01:35:40 AM
Saattvik24
March 20, 2024, 10:40:00 PM
post Re: Difference between these transformers
[Transformer (Ferrite Core)]
Mads Barnkob
March 20, 2024, 08:03:41 PM
[General Chat]
Mads Barnkob
March 20, 2024, 07:51:57 PM
Mads Barnkob
March 20, 2024, 10:39:47 AM
davekni
March 20, 2024, 04:09:59 AM
post Re: 160mm DRSSTC II project | Questions
Benjamin Lockhart
March 20, 2024, 01:13:23 AM
Keybored
March 20, 2024, 12:45:16 AM
flyingperson23
March 20, 2024, 12:30:30 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 19, 2024, 11:12:24 PM
Late
March 19, 2024, 09:47:49 PM
Late
March 19, 2024, 09:44:19 PM
post Phase Lead Questions
Saattvik24
March 19, 2024, 06:52:09 PM
flyingperson23
March 19, 2024, 05:02:44 PM
[General Chat]
Mads Barnkob
March 19, 2024, 05:01:41 PM
Mads Barnkob
March 19, 2024, 04:31:02 PM
Mads Barnkob
March 19, 2024, 03:59:54 PM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 19, 2024, 06:41:39 AM
[General Chat]
davekni
March 19, 2024, 04:05:49 AM
[General Chat]
OmGigaTron
March 18, 2024, 09:08:35 PM
post Re: Can I Trust This Super Cheap Site?
[General Chat]
2020-Man
March 18, 2024, 09:07:35 PM
[General Chat]
Twospoons
March 18, 2024, 08:57:06 PM
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
March 18, 2024, 03:51:33 PM
Late
March 18, 2024, 02:59:46 PM
Late
March 18, 2024, 02:33:25 PM
post Can I Trust This Super Cheap Site?
[General Chat]
2020-Man
March 18, 2024, 11:02:12 AM
Twospoons
March 18, 2024, 02:36:11 AM
post Re: Best forum for vacuum tube amplifiers?
[General Chat]
Mads Barnkob
March 17, 2024, 07:42:55 PM
[General Chat]
Michelle_
March 17, 2024, 04:15:14 PM
[General Chat]
Michelle_
March 17, 2024, 05:05:04 AM
davekni
March 17, 2024, 04:50:51 AM
[General Chat]
Twospoons
March 17, 2024, 04:45:17 AM
post 2x Panasonic Inverter Microwaves - what to salvage, dangers?
[General Chat]
Michelle_
March 17, 2024, 04:17:51 AM
post Where's all this voltage coming from?
Terry
March 17, 2024, 01:29:32 AM
flyingperson23
March 17, 2024, 12:33:06 AM
Keybored
March 16, 2024, 08:46:20 PM
post Re: Bleeder resistor for MMC
Hydron
March 16, 2024, 08:39:24 PM
Hydron
March 16, 2024, 08:21:44 PM
post Best forum for vacuum tube amplifiers?
[General Chat]
yourboi
March 16, 2024, 08:20:13 PM

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal