Author Topic: DRSSTC design guide - progress report  (Read 13908 times)

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
    • Kaizer Power Electronics
DRSSTC design guide - progress report
« on: March 21, 2017, 10:43:04 AM »
Hello all

This is my attempt to write a long guide about practical DRSSTC design. I try to cover the most critical design issues in a way that most electronics interested should be able to understand. I have tried to hand pick the necessary theory and calculations to our specific purposes of building a DRSSTC.

It is a work in progress and I would like to invite you all to help me make it better, correct and add more topics.

Topics of the DRSSTC design guide
01. Rectifiers (done)
02. Busbar and primary circuit (done)
03. IGBTs (done)
04. DC bus capacitor (done)
05. PFC (20% done)
06. Snubber capacitor (done)
07. MMC / tank capacitors (95% done)
08. GDT / driver (5% done)
09. Secondary coil (done)
10. Topload (done)
11. Grounding and EMI (done)
12. Tuning and testing (25% done)
13. Featured Tesla coils (40% done)
14. DRSSTC FAQ
15. Online design tools

I hope this guide can help others to understand why and how components are chosen for a DRSSTC.

This thread will serve as a status for the complete guide, when I add new data it will be posted here.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 01:05:33 PM by Mads Barnkob »
https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk - Tesla coils, high voltage, pulse power, audio and general electronics
https://www.youtube.com/KaizerPowerElectronicsDk60/join - Please consider supporting the forum, websites and youtube channel!

Offline Tardief

• High Voltage Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: DRSSTC design guide - progress report
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 11:44:59 PM »
Hi,
We are planning to build a Tesla Coil with 4x CM600HA-24H. I saw in your list that it failed at 56kHz. Could you explain me what thas it mean? Unfortunately i cant find it at 4hv forum and i cant post there.
Should we make the secondary for a lower frequency?
Thanks

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 10:01:04 AM »
Hi,
We are planning to build a Tesla Coil with 4x CM600HA-24H. I saw in your list that it failed at 56kHz. Could you explain me what thas it mean? Unfortunately i cant find it at 4hv forum and i cant post there.
Should we make the secondary for a lower frequency?
Thanks

You should naturally get a much lower resonant frequency than 56 kHz with such a large brigde, simply because you need some height for the 5+ meter long sparks, so you will properly end up around 35 kHz. Failure at 3500 Ampere peak is also extremely high, you can run yours at 2000 Ampere and still have solid sparks :)

I am looking forward to see a build thread on this huge Tesla coil  :o
https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk - Tesla coils, high voltage, pulse power, audio and general electronics
https://www.youtube.com/KaizerPowerElectronicsDk60/join - Please consider supporting the forum, websites and youtube channel!

Offline Tardief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 06:26:04 PM »
Thanks!
Will do.   :)

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 10:36:36 PM »
I have finally finished the chapter 11 on Grounding and EMI, you can read it here: http://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/tesla-coils/drsstc-design-guide/grounding-circuit-protection-and-emi/

Please do ask questions and come with feedback on how to improve the chapter or if there is any errors :)

Offline profdc9

• High Voltage Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 10:57:30 PM »
Mads,

One question I have is this, and it may be related to EMI/grounding issues.  Yesterday I was working on getting my through-hole UD2.7C board to work with my tesla coil.  I set up the Tesla coil to tune the lead inductor by placing three soup cans inside the primary coil where the secondary coil should be.  I plugged in the gate transformer to the UD2.7C, as well as the two current transformers for feedback and overcurrent.

I have my primary bus on a variac and set to a low voltage (around 30 VAC with the line voltage being 120 VAC) and placed a 100X probe to monitor one leg of the full bridge with the ground clip on the earthing ground and the other clipped onto the bus lead on the full bridge.  I am using a voltage doubler.  The other I had clipped to the ground of the UD2.7C board and a test point so I can monitor the bus current.

Things were going ok.  The bus voltage looks very noisy and ringing, but the bus current seems to grow and then recede after the interrupter turns off.  So far so good.  Then suddenly my UD2.7C board stops working.   I have checked the solder connections, and can't anything wrong.  The 74HC08 chip goes bad.  I replace it, and then the 74HC74 chip goes bad, and I replace the 74HC14 chip because I figured something happened.  Then for some reason the 74HC08 chip goes bad again!  And I have to replace that...

Should I put common-mode chokes on the gate driver as well as the feedback and overcurrent transformers?  I think I will try that anyways, but I am wondering if there are voltage spikes making their way into the board from the full bridge.  I tried to stick to the UD2.7C as closely as I could when laying out the circuit, however, I did have to change the undervoltage lockout circuit because there was no through-hole available part.

I also soldered a 5.1V zener diode on the 5V supply to try to absorb any transients as well.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 09:06:08 PM »
Mads,

One question I have is this, and it may be related to EMI/grounding issues.  Yesterday I was working on getting my through-hole UD2.7C board to work with my tesla coil.  I set up the Tesla coil to tune the lead inductor by placing three soup cans inside the primary coil where the secondary coil should be.  I plugged in the gate transformer to the UD2.7C, as well as the two current transformers for feedback and overcurrent.

I have my primary bus on a variac and set to a low voltage (around 30 VAC with the line voltage being 120 VAC) and placed a 100X probe to monitor one leg of the full bridge with the ground clip on the earthing ground and the other clipped onto the bus lead on the full bridge.  I am using a voltage doubler.  The other I had clipped to the ground of the UD2.7C board and a test point so I can monitor the bus current.

Things were going ok.  The bus voltage looks very noisy and ringing, but the bus current seems to grow and then recede after the interrupter turns off.  So far so good.  Then suddenly my UD2.7C board stops working.   I have checked the solder connections, and can't anything wrong.  The 74HC08 chip goes bad.  I replace it, and then the 74HC74 chip goes bad, and I replace the 74HC14 chip because I figured something happened.  Then for some reason the 74HC08 chip goes bad again!  And I have to replace that...

Should I put common-mode chokes on the gate driver as well as the feedback and overcurrent transformers?  I think I will try that anyways, but I am wondering if there are voltage spikes making their way into the board from the full bridge.  I tried to stick to the UD2.7C as closely as I could when laying out the circuit, however, I did have to change the undervoltage lockout circuit because there was no through-hole available part.

I also soldered a 5.1V zener diode on the 5V supply to try to absorb any transients as well.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

The switching spikes is first and foremost from low voltage testing, I put some information about that in another thread with links to read more about that: https://highvoltageforum.net/index.php?topic=259.msg1685#msg1685

Is your oscilloscope grounded through the mains plug? Else you might just be shunting noise through the common ground in the oscilloscope between the inverter and driver ground.

Do you have any unused input pins on the 74xx ICs that is ungrounded? That can make them act up very weird from crosstalk.

Offline Laci

• High Voltage Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 11:24:48 PM »
Around a week ago,while I was running my SSTC at low currents(so short arcs)the nearby laptop got crazy.The wirless mouse stopped working and no longer could I use it.It's interesting that my ~160kHz coil destroyed a 2.4GHz device.Maybe bad grounding or unstable tuning can cause really high frequency harmonics,or just the too large magnetic field internally blown up the mouse.
Another thing is the FM range.I wonder how many of my neighbours are able to listen to the radio while my coil is running :P.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:28:35 PM by Laci »

Offline profdc9

• High Voltage Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 02:43:19 AM »
The switching spikes is first and foremost from low voltage testing, I put some information about that in another thread with links to read more about that: https://highvoltageforum.net/index.php?topic=259.msg1685#msg1685

Is your oscilloscope grounded through the mains plug? Else you might just be shunting noise through the common ground in the oscilloscope between the inverter and driver ground.

Do you have any unused input pins on the 74xx ICs that is ungrounded? That can make them act up very weird from crosstalk.

My oscilloscope is grounded through the mains.  I double-checked it with a continuity checker, no problem there.

The UD2.7C board doesn't have any ungrounded pins in the layout, I made sure of that.  So I don't think that's the case.

Yesterday I ran the board and so far it seems to be holding up.  Maybe I was careless about ESD handling?  At any rate, I ordered some more replacement chips from Digikey in case something else goes wrong.  I also put common-mode chokes on the transformers as well (three turns around a small ferrite toroid).

I actually have some traces from yesterday in this thread ( https://highvoltageforum.net/index.php?topic=302.msg1909;topicseen#new ).  I have some weird ringing that I am working on troubleshooting.  I have a full bridge of FGH60N60SMD IGBT's so it's nothing too difficult to drive I think; I only have 2 kW available from my home circuits to work with.  I am not sure yet if the ringing is an artifact of the way I'm probing the bridge or if its actually there.  Certainly the overshoot seems to change as I increase the voltage.  I have been able to get it to operate for a few half cycles without OCD trip at 300 A at full voltage with soup can load. 

I reread the thread you pointed to and I am not really having a problem with slow rise time, mostly just these weird ringing artifacts.  I'll keep looking.  I have read that the primary coil itself can have self-resonance that can cause oscillations on the bus signal.

Dan

Offline sparkydownunder

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 02:14:54 PM »
Hi Mads

Your post on grounding and EMI dosent seem to have a conclusive suggestion for proper grounding. Im going to be using my coil at home and on the road a bit.

If i use a line filter on my earth connection I should still avoid using my existing house earth correct (even if running in the garden)? What do you use for your testing? what size spike/plate?

thanks in advance and thanks for your amazing guide! Im so close and wouldnt be where i am without it :)

Offline profdc9

• High Voltage Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 08:04:24 PM »
I wouldn't use your mains earth ground to ground your Tesla coil.  You can use a counterpoise to ground the secondary coil, which is basically a large metal sheet you spread on the floor under the Tesla coil.  It can be as simple as taped together aluminium foil, chicken coop wire, metal window screen material, or my preferred material, aluminium roof flashing, because it is not crinkly, and if you round of the corners you will get less arcing there.  The wire to the counterpoise should not be too long or else the inductance of the wire will be too large and the counterpoise is not effective.  Also, ground the bottom of the secondary coil to the strike ring as well.  Make sure the wire to the counterpoise is not routed near anything else, or the secondary might arc to those other objects.

Dan

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 09:54:45 PM »
Hi Mads

Your post on grounding and EMI dosent seem to have a conclusive suggestion for proper grounding. Im going to be using my coil at home and on the road a bit.

If i use a line filter on my earth connection I should still avoid using my existing house earth correct (even if running in the garden)? What do you use for your testing? what size spike/plate?

thanks in advance and thanks for your amazing guide! Im so close and wouldnt be where i am without it :)

Because there is no conclusive suggestion, it is very dependable on the specific situation. It is hard to point out one good solution when there is very little data to back it up with, but on the other hand there is a great deal of information on what not to do.

I have used single rod grounding systems, from smallest to my largest drsstc, but we also have a good moist and highly conductive soil in Denmark.

Offline Nijin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2018, 02:19:15 PM »
Yesterday I run my big drsstc for the first time indoor. I use a long aliminium rod for ground. It was vertically attached to a chair. When the arc touched the rod, the braker oppened. I suppose that the arc short circuited the secondary and then the current in the bus where to big for the braker.

Also when I want to stoped the coil, I stoped the Bus supply and I tried to run the coil without supply to discharge the BUS. There was a huge flash on the Bus but the coil is fine (thanks god !).

I don't know what happened, How can I stop the coil and discharge the Bus cap safely ?

And a last question, Franzoli told me to connect the gnd of the driver to the case which is connected to the Coil ground. There is no risk to connected the gnd to the coil ground ?
Everything is a fuse if you pass enough current

Offline FilipŠebík

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2018, 07:16:58 PM »
Yesterday I run my big drsstc for the first time indoor. I use a long aliminium rod for ground. It was vertically attached to a chair. When the arc touched the rod, the braker oppened. I suppose that the arc short circuited the secondary and then the current in the bus where to big for the braker.

Also when I want to stoped the coil, I stoped the Bus supply and I tried to run the coil without supply to discharge the BUS. There was a huge flash on the Bus but the coil is fine (thanks god !).

I don't know what happened, How can I stop the coil and discharge the Bus cap safely ?

And a last question, Franzoli told me to connect the gnd of the driver to the case which is connected to the Coil ground. There is no risk to connected the gnd to the coil ground ?

Your breaker popped because there was too much current draw in the primary (I guess)
And use resistors to discharge the bus caps. Probably something like 100k? Maybe more maybe less
And yes connect the ground to the driver case because it can save your circuit when the primary strikes the driver case.

And you are better of using a aluminium sheet plane on the ground under the coil that is like 4 times or so bigger than your topload but you just have to try to see what is better

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2018, 11:12:55 PM »
Your secondary was not short circuited in the way you would pop a breaker from circuiting your mains supply from it. A ground strike is a very low impedance load to secondary coil and suddenly it will present itself as a heavy load to the primary circuit and inverter, so its simply pumping all the energy possible into the inverter and that happens to be enough to trip your breaker, this is normal for heavy ground strikes, but use a bigger supply or turn down your OCD setting.

If you want a guide on how to calculate your DC bus capacitor bleeder resistors, see here: http://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/tesla-coils/drsstc-design-guide/dc-bus-capacitor/

There is no danger in grounding all metal parts together and also secondary transformer side supplies to the same ground, as long as you have it connected to a ground rod or artificial ground plane / counterpoise made out of some either aluminium sheets as suggested above, could also be chicken wire fence or aluminium food foil.

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 01:00:34 PM »
It has been a very long time under way with the next chapter to go in review and it is the widely sought for: MMC design and calculations

You can read the article at: http://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/tesla-coils/drsstc-design-guide/mmc-tank-capacitor/  and to see it, the password is "test".

The reason for the password is to avoid google indexing and random visitors reading it before it has been reviewed by people with experience in the field.

This is where I need your help, there is most likely some spelling errors, bad sentences, does-not-make-any-sense chapters or calculations errors. Please reply to this thread about such findings for a discussion about it.

Offline Uspring

• High Voltage Engineer
  • Physicist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 12:23:30 PM »
Thank you for the update :)
I've stumbled over the equation you used to calculate the power dissipation in the cap. I've tried to reverse engineer it and it looks, like it applies to the case of a single charge up of the cap. It, e.g., does not incorporate the burst length. Inside a burst the caps are charged and discharged a number of times.
I'd use

P = Irms^2 * ESR

where Irms is taken from Conners equation. In your example that would be for a single cap (13A)^2 * 0.005Ohms or about 0.8W. The according temperature rise of 9 degrees would barely fit into the "good" range of tolerable temperatures. That also matches the Irms spec of the caps.

The calculation for the number of half cycles to obtain a given primary current disregards loading of the primary tank by the secondary and arc loads. The rationale is this: Each time the voltage across the primary tank jumps by a certain value (as caused by the bridge), then this value is added to the MMC peak voltage after a half cycle. The primary current calculated from this is always an upper limit. Ideally secondary and arc loading should limit primary current so that OCD shut downs (to prevent transistor and MMC overload) won't happen.

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 08:38:52 PM »
Thank you for the update :)
I've stumbled over the equation you used to calculate the power dissipation in the cap. I've tried to reverse engineer it and it looks, like it applies to the case of a single charge up of the cap. It, e.g., does not incorporate the burst length. Inside a burst the caps are charged and discharged a number of times.
I'd use

P = Irms^2 * ESR

where Irms is taken from Conners equation. In your example that would be for a single cap (13A)^2 * 0.005Ohms or about 0.8W. The according temperature rise of 9 degrees would barely fit into the "good" range of tolerable temperatures. That also matches the Irms spec of the caps.

When I looked into my MMC calculator code, I did notice that there was something wrong as there was no accounting for on-time, but was mere single pulse * BPS, I tried to understand how I came to that formula and my only explanation is a old excel sheet for SGTC, which also lacks accounting for on-time. I need to get both calculator and article corrected.

I follow your argument with the Irms and the rating of the capacitor, that makes sense that it will quite quickly get to operate at its maximum permissible hot spot temperature of 105 degrees Celsius, but that still seems a bit far from reality of what I have seen with that coil used in the example.

I also had some old WIMA white paper on dissipation losses that I tried to give a go, but its an even worse result. Maybe I am getting something wrong with the RMS voltage?
Xc = 5.05 Ohm
ESR = 0.005 Ohm
Tan rho = ESR/Xc
Watt = ((Vrms^2)*2*pi*70000hz*0.45uF*tan rho
C/W -> W/K = 1/11 = 0,0909
Temp rise =(((2000/1.41)^2)*2*PI()*70000*(0.45/1000000)*(0.005/5.05))/(1/11) = 4000~ degree Celsius

The calculation for the number of half cycles to obtain a given primary current disregards loading of the primary tank by the secondary and arc loads. The rationale is this: Each time the voltage across the primary tank jumps by a certain value (as caused by the bridge), then this value is added to the MMC peak voltage after a half cycle. The primary current calculated from this is always an upper limit. Ideally secondary and arc loading should limit primary current so that OCD shut downs (to prevent transistor and MMC overload) won't happen.

I will make that a primary explanation and selling point for that method, that it is a worst case scenario. That method is also in my view one that should give the most over-engineered MMC.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 08:48:23 PM by Mads Barnkob »

Offline Uspring

• High Voltage Engineer
  • Physicist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2018, 12:33:07 PM »
I also had some old WIMA white paper on dissipation losses that I tried to give a go, but its an even worse result. Maybe I am getting something wrong with the RMS voltage?
Xc = 5.05 Ohm
ESR = 0.005 Ohm
Tan rho = ESR/Xc
Temp rise =(((2000/1.41)^2)*2*PI()*70000*(0.45/1000000)*(0.005/5.05))/(1/11) = 4000~ degree Celsius
The WIMA papers equation

P = Vrms^2 * 2*pi*f*C * tan(rho)

is equivalent to

P = Irms^2 * ESR

Note that Xc = 1/(2*pi*f*C) and tan(rho) = ESR/Xc. Insert that into the WIMA equation and you get

P = Vrms^2 / Xc^2 *ESR

Also Vrms/Xc = Irms, which leads to

P = Irms^2 * ESR, as claimed.

In your numerical example we are talking about a single cap of the MMC. You need to replace 0.45uF by 0.15uf and instead of Xc = 5.05ohms we have 15.15ohms. Also you omitted the duty cycle of 0.04 (= 200us * 200/s). Correcting for that we get a temperature rise of about 18 degrees.

I came up with a 9 degrees rise in my last post. That is due to using Conners Irms value. His equation assumes a rising current during the burst. The WIMA equation assumes a constant current amplitude. I don't know, how Steve Conner came up with his equation, but I think it is more realistic than a derivation based on constant primary current amplitudes.

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2018, 01:13:34 PM »
Xc = 5.05 Ohm
ESR = 0.005 Ohm
Tan rho = ESR/Xc
The WIMA papers equation

P = Vrms^2 * 2*pi*f*C * tan(rho)

is equivalent to

P = Irms^2 * ESR

Note that Xc = 1/(2*pi*f*C) and tan(rho) = ESR/Xc. Insert that into the WIMA equation and you get

P = Vrms^2 / Xc^2 *ESR

Also Vrms/Xc = Irms, which leads to

P = Irms^2 * ESR, as claimed.

In your numerical example we are talking about a single cap of the MMC. You need to replace 0.45uF by 0.15uf and instead of Xc = 5.05ohms we have 15.15ohms. Also you omitted the duty cycle of 0.04 (= 200us * 200/s). Correcting for that we get a temperature rise of about 18 degrees.

I came up with a 9 degrees rise in my last post. That is due to using Conners Irms value. His equation assumes a rising current during the burst. The WIMA equation assumes a constant current amplitude. I don't know, how Steve Conner came up with his equation, but I think it is more realistic than a derivation based on constant primary current amplitudes.

I agree completely, thank you for setting that straight.

When kids are in bed and I got time to sit down and work on all this, I am usually too tired to not make mistakes like that, maybe I should alternate days between hobby evenings and sleep evenings :)

High Voltage Forum

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2018, 01:13:34 PM »

* Recent Topics and Posts

post Re: Big Coil Build Log
[Dual Resonant Solid State Tesla coils (DRSSTC)]
flyingperson23
Today at 05:47:34 AM
post Re: capacitor and diodes. Voltage values for a CW
[Voltage Multipliers]
davekni
Today at 04:45:07 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
Today at 04:18:27 AM
post Push Pull VTTC
[Vacuum Tube Tesla Coils (VTTC)]
janno288
Today at 01:10:08 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 27, 2024, 10:54:52 PM
post Re: CM400 Induction Heater
[Electronic Circuits]
markus
March 27, 2024, 11:53:42 AM
post Re: OCD Triggering Early + Low Output
davekni
March 27, 2024, 05:14:36 AM
post Re: Is the UD2.7C under voltage lock out basically worthless?
davekni
March 27, 2024, 04:47:48 AM
post Re: DRSSTC Questions
davekni
March 27, 2024, 04:41:59 AM
alan sailer
March 27, 2024, 12:04:34 AM
post Re: Super flat QCW simulation (does this look reasonable?)
toooldforthis
March 26, 2024, 11:08:14 PM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 26, 2024, 11:07:20 PM
post Re: Is the UD2.7C under voltage lock out basically worthless?
Benjamin Lockhart
March 26, 2024, 10:46:29 PM
post OCD Triggering Early + Low Output
Saattvik24
March 26, 2024, 09:03:43 PM
alan sailer
March 26, 2024, 08:46:59 PM
flyingperson23
March 26, 2024, 05:02:18 PM
alan sailer
March 26, 2024, 03:16:03 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
Anders Mikkelsen
March 26, 2024, 01:41:49 PM
post Re: Benjamin's DRSSTC 2 in progress
Benjamin Lockhart
March 26, 2024, 04:48:22 AM
post Re: Re-chargeable 1.5 volt lithium ion AAA batteries
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
March 26, 2024, 04:16:37 AM
davekni
March 26, 2024, 04:16:24 AM
post Re: Smoke Screen Machine Protect 950 XP - Teardown of a Smoke Cannon!
[Electronic Circuits]
davekni
March 26, 2024, 04:13:02 AM
[Electronic Circuits]
davekni
March 26, 2024, 04:00:43 AM
post Re: Re-chargeable 1.5 volt lithium ion AAA batteries
[General Chat]
davekni
March 26, 2024, 03:19:18 AM
thedoc298
March 26, 2024, 01:50:42 AM
flyingperson23
March 25, 2024, 08:05:02 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
Mads Barnkob
March 25, 2024, 07:41:29 PM
alan sailer
March 25, 2024, 06:45:46 PM
flyingperson23
March 25, 2024, 05:44:25 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
Anders Mikkelsen
March 25, 2024, 04:47:17 PM
alan sailer
March 25, 2024, 04:27:22 PM
post Re-chargeable 1.5 volt lithium ion AAA batteries
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
March 25, 2024, 03:57:34 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
markus
March 25, 2024, 02:06:41 PM
post Re: Odd MOSFET Driver Behavior
[Solid State Tesla Coils (SSTC)]
KrisPringle
March 25, 2024, 04:43:25 AM
davekni
March 25, 2024, 02:39:40 AM
KrisPringle
March 25, 2024, 12:47:09 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 24, 2024, 07:36:32 PM
post Re: My completed 14-stage Cockroft-Walton voltage multiplier
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 24, 2024, 07:27:24 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 24, 2024, 04:25:23 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 23, 2024, 10:47:35 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 23, 2024, 09:30:21 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 23, 2024, 04:34:31 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 23, 2024, 03:04:25 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 23, 2024, 01:38:34 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 23, 2024, 04:20:03 AM
post Re: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)
[General Chat]
davekni
March 23, 2024, 12:54:30 AM
[Electronic Circuits]
davekni
March 23, 2024, 12:05:57 AM
post capacitor and diodes. Voltage values for a CW
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 22, 2024, 11:45:03 PM
post Re: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)
[General Chat]
OmGigaTron
March 22, 2024, 11:30:09 PM
post Smoke Screen Machine Protect 950 XP - Teardown of a Smoke Cannon!
[Electronic Circuits]
Mads Barnkob
March 22, 2024, 10:20:35 PM
post Re: Where's all this voltage coming from?
[Spark Gap Tesla Coils (SGTC)]
Benbmw
March 22, 2024, 09:21:13 PM
post Re: What actually kills MOSFETs?
[Beginners]
AstRii
March 22, 2024, 03:37:11 PM
post What actually kills MOSFETs?
[Beginners]
FPS
March 22, 2024, 05:09:20 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 22, 2024, 03:57:54 AM
davekni
March 22, 2024, 02:59:25 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 21, 2024, 06:31:42 PM
post Re: 2x Panasonic Inverter Microwaves - what to salvage, dangers?
[General Chat]
rikkitikkitavi
March 21, 2024, 03:08:01 PM
post Re: [WTS] IGBT, Ferrite, Capacitors, Tools, PSU, Industrial components and parts
[Sell / Buy / Trade]
Mads Barnkob
March 21, 2024, 01:37:32 PM
post Re: Difference between these transformers
[Transformer (Ferrite Core)]
Alberto
March 21, 2024, 11:42:07 AM
post Re: Phase Lead Questions
davekni
March 21, 2024, 04:09:14 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 21, 2024, 02:15:31 AM
post My Homemade Structural Analysis X-Ray Machine
[X-ray]
Luca c.
March 21, 2024, 01:35:40 AM
Saattvik24
March 20, 2024, 10:40:00 PM
post Re: Difference between these transformers
[Transformer (Ferrite Core)]
Mads Barnkob
March 20, 2024, 08:03:41 PM
[General Chat]
Mads Barnkob
March 20, 2024, 07:51:57 PM
Mads Barnkob
March 20, 2024, 10:39:47 AM
davekni
March 20, 2024, 04:09:59 AM
post Re: 160mm DRSSTC II project | Questions
Benjamin Lockhart
March 20, 2024, 01:13:23 AM
Keybored
March 20, 2024, 12:45:16 AM
flyingperson23
March 20, 2024, 12:30:30 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 19, 2024, 11:12:24 PM
Late
March 19, 2024, 09:47:49 PM
Late
March 19, 2024, 09:44:19 PM
post Phase Lead Questions
Saattvik24
March 19, 2024, 06:52:09 PM
flyingperson23
March 19, 2024, 05:02:44 PM
[General Chat]
Mads Barnkob
March 19, 2024, 05:01:41 PM
Mads Barnkob
March 19, 2024, 04:31:02 PM
Mads Barnkob
March 19, 2024, 03:59:54 PM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 19, 2024, 06:41:39 AM
[General Chat]
davekni
March 19, 2024, 04:05:49 AM
[General Chat]
OmGigaTron
March 18, 2024, 09:08:35 PM
post Re: Can I Trust This Super Cheap Site?
[General Chat]
2020-Man
March 18, 2024, 09:07:35 PM
[General Chat]
Twospoons
March 18, 2024, 08:57:06 PM
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
March 18, 2024, 03:51:33 PM
Late
March 18, 2024, 02:59:46 PM
Late
March 18, 2024, 02:33:25 PM
post Can I Trust This Super Cheap Site?
[General Chat]
2020-Man
March 18, 2024, 11:02:12 AM
Twospoons
March 18, 2024, 02:36:11 AM
post Re: Best forum for vacuum tube amplifiers?
[General Chat]
Mads Barnkob
March 17, 2024, 07:42:55 PM
[General Chat]
Michelle_
March 17, 2024, 04:15:14 PM
[General Chat]
Michelle_
March 17, 2024, 05:05:04 AM
davekni
March 17, 2024, 04:50:51 AM
[General Chat]
Twospoons
March 17, 2024, 04:45:17 AM
post 2x Panasonic Inverter Microwaves - what to salvage, dangers?
[General Chat]
Michelle_
March 17, 2024, 04:17:51 AM
post Where's all this voltage coming from?
Terry
March 17, 2024, 01:29:32 AM
flyingperson23
March 17, 2024, 12:33:06 AM
Keybored
March 16, 2024, 08:46:20 PM
post Re: Bleeder resistor for MMC
Hydron
March 16, 2024, 08:39:24 PM
Hydron
March 16, 2024, 08:21:44 PM
post Best forum for vacuum tube amplifiers?
[General Chat]
yourboi
March 16, 2024, 08:20:13 PM

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal