Author Topic: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)  (Read 66045 times)

Offline machin3

• High Voltage Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2021, 03:20:50 PM »
hello everyone!!
hope everyone is doing great
my name is Aditya, i am a 22 year old 3d artist form India.
i hav been interested in high voltage for a long time now and played around with zvs flybacks and sgtc's
i am planning on my first solid state tesla coil now and i am a noob in electronics
i wish to learn from all of you amazing coilers and be a part of a community where i can talk about this crazy obsession with electricity we all have in common.

big thanks to Mads for his guides on the website from which i have learnt everything i know about solid state coils.

Offline Steradian

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2021, 02:32:46 AM »
Hi everyone. 20-25 years ago I used to play around with high voltage a bit at the little performance space I helped run in downtown NYC. My nicer Tesla coil was a slightly modified TTR 4D, originally built for me by Bill Wysock. Fun times.

Offline klugesmith

• High Voltage Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2021, 11:11:58 PM »
Welcome, Steradian. Applause for big sparks from a semiconductor-free TC!

Offline ItsChloeUwU

• Love You All 💗✌🏻🏳️‍🌈
    • View Profile
    • My Site UwU
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2021, 07:30:59 PM »
OMG, Did i just discover how this works? (yes... is hard for me to understand how forum works since this is my first forum ever  :-\ )

Hi to you all!
I'm Chloe, i'm from Italy and i'm 21.
I'm there to know new people and to get help (maybe a lot of help) understanding stuff.
My main dream was about 11 years ago... since the movie "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" came out in Italy i always wanted to make a Tesla Coil like the ones in the film (maybe a bit smaller :P ).
So since i was 10, i started doing a lot of Tesla Coils mainly SGTC and RSGTC ones.
But my biggest dreams were to make one musical tesla coil. Something with more than 1 Meter of spark in air and some sweet music comeing out of it.
I always wanted to do something like this and at the age of 14-15yo i started doing my stuff. I did my first full bridge, my first gdt, my first drivers (buyed a 2.7 Rev. C Universal Driver after a pretty bad made 2.5 Rev. A), my first 0.2mm secondary (was hard as fuc* back then, now it was easy to wind even a 0.1mm secondary for a really small SGTC this morning haha) and i did all my enclosures etc.

But at he end. Even after an oscilloscope, a variac, and every tool i needed and even not needed.
I never had the bravery to test that out since i didnt know what i was doing AT ALL and i was just following friends etc and i was super scared of it back then (i didnt know how to deal with such long sparks.. as 1+ Mt since i always did 30-40cm with my SGTC and RSGTC ones till some days ago that i did 60-80cm). At that point i just loosed interest in it (not really.. i was just depressed for traumas and life problems of abus*s rap*s etc etc.. life was really hard with me...).

And now, after 11 years, i had the courage to take my life back. I got in touch with some persons out there.
And after some hard times in the real wold.. and some delusions over all.. i just decided to fully commit and do this freacking DRSSTC!
For once understanding the most i can out of it too!

So now there i am looking to take it all the way and do my first MIDI DRSSTC.

I need help because i don't know ANY of it when it comes to DRSSTC, just some basic stuff. But i learn extra fast (i'm pretty much an Indigo person i guess on this thing..) and i'm really smart if i really focus and commit on something!

This said.
Thx to everyone who is gonna help me out, and i'm sowwy if my english suc*s... But i'm from Italy so i try my best over there..
Love You All 💗✌🏻🏳️‍🌈
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 09:48:24 AM by ItsChloeUwU »

Offline davekni

• Executive Board Member
  • Physicist, engineer (electronic), and hobbiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2021, 02:40:48 AM »
We need help because we don't know ANY of it when it comes to DRSSTC's. But we both learn extra fast (we are pretty much Indigo persons i guess) and we are really smart if we really focus on something. This said. Thx to everyone who is gonna help us out, and i'm sowwy if my english suc*s... But we are from Italy so we try our best over there.. Love You All 💗✌🏻🏳️‍🌈
Welcome!  Since you are interested in learning, I suggest learning an analog circuit simulator.  There are free online versions and free ones to run locally on your computer.  My favorite is LTSpice.  Testing circuits in simulations allows much more experimentation without burning out real parts.  Any voltage or current can be plotted.  Easier than connecting real scope probes.  Then, when you construct a real circuit and probe it, you can compare measured waveforms with simulated ones.  That helps with figuring out issues with real circuit (such as excess wire inductance that isn't in the simulated circuit).  Simulation is not a requirement to make a working DRSSTC.  We can help interpret issues from scope traces.  You will learn more about electronics, however, if you run your own simulations.

If you haven't tried it yet, use JavaTC to model your coil.  It is a great tool to predict inductances, coupling factor, etc.  Do watch parameter units and radius/diameter.  JavaTC inputs are a mix of diameters and radii, which can lead to mistakes.

Of course, use proper safety precautions.  DRSSTC is generally less hazardous than SGTC or RSGTC, but still dangerous.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 03:13:45 AM by davekni »
David Knierim

Offline huntergroundmind

• View Profile
    • Huntergroundmind
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2021, 03:33:06 AM »
Oh! I can't believe I missed this thread!

Hello everyone.
I'm Dominik. I'm from Poland. I'am 28 yr. old. I run small machining and welding enterprise. I was interested in electronics since my early years. I actually done my first HV device when I was 8. I experimented with relay based oscillator, and came up on idea to switch small resin encapsulated transformer with it. Hopefully secondary had no breakdown, and I observed 1-2mm sparks :) I built my first SGTC when I was 15. Since that i built numerous tesla coils and hv circuits. During studies, and after I dropped out them due to health reasons my hv-related interests shifted to torwards pulsed power, nanosecond pulse generators, and vacuum devices powered with them. Recently I launched website devoted to my projects: https://huntergroundmind.wordpress.com/ .I want to share with You my ideas, and gain new knowledge from discussion with You :)

Offline davekni

• Executive Board Member
  • Physicist, engineer (electronic), and hobbiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2021, 04:46:29 AM »
Recently I launched website devoted to my projects: https://huntergroundmind.wordpress.com/
Wow, impressive projects!  Thank you for sharing.
David Knierim

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
    • Kaizer Power Electronics
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2021, 07:59:37 AM »
Welcome all new members!

Experienced builders, old school builders, new and young builders just starting... its a wonderful bunch :)

I hope you enjoy your stay and look forward to see your projects.
https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk - Tesla coils, high voltage, pulse power, audio and general electronics
https://www.youtube.com/KaizerPowerElectronicsDk60/join - Please consider supporting the forum, websites and youtube channel!

Offline JG27

• Science enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2022, 01:50:08 PM »
Hi everyone!
My name's Jan, I am a 17 year old boy from Austria. All my life I have been interested in various areas of science.
I have built a few coils before, but they were usually low-powered and tiny.
Right now I am building an SSTC based on Steve Ward's Mini SSTC and Kaizer's SSTC III. I love reading and being alone, however, I treasure long conversations with fellow hobbyists, scientists, and engineers.

Offline LoOdaK

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2022, 02:09:30 PM »
Hello everyone,
My name is Bojan I'm 20 years old and I come from BiH.
I'm a native android developer. I was always fascinated by science and had an interest in electronics.
I signed up on the forum to learn about electronics and maybe show some of my projects  ;)
I'm currently building my first SSTC and I hope I will learn a lot of new things.

Offline highvoltageguypk

• I am in love with Simulations.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2022, 05:37:03 PM »
Hello everyone,
My name is Umar, I am 31 from Pakistan. 8)
I did Electrical Engineering with specialization in power generation but my job made me a high voltage guy. :P
Let me share some of the area in which I have been involved in:

1. High voltage generators:
    a) Marx Generators (50 kV to 500 kV)
    b) Tesla Generators (50 kV to 500 kV)
2. Spark gaps
    a) 10kv to 100kv
3. Diagnostics for the measurements of high voltage generators
4. Circuit analysis of generators in Ltspice
5. Electrostatic simulations of high voltage generators, spark gaps and insulators using following software:
   a) Comsol Multi-physics
   b) Ansys Maxwell
   c) CST Microwave studio
6. Practical experience in the testing of generators.

My purpose to join this group is to improve my understanding further and share my experience with you people. :)

Thanks,
Regards,
Umar.
highvoltageguypk :-)

Offline Robert3z

• View Profile
Hello All, Robert from Central Indiana - my HV intro was Navy fire control radars and electronics decades ago. I'm currently an electrical project engineer (stress project) for a container company.

This hobby started with an internet surf on, drum roll, Info Unlimited and I ended up with their basic BTC-30 Tesla coil. Had a bit of assembly and tuning fun with that, and got her to sing pretty good without killing the NST or the cap. Victory and totally addictive, learned a lot. On we go! I'm currently in the learning/relearning phase, finding and reading books, relearning complex Impedance (Z to Y, etc.) so I can better understand results. I don't like magic, I like to know why : ) 
I am currently building with a friend's assist, the Info Unlimited 5' Jacob's Ladder from mostly scratch. No big deal for the electronics - a DRSSTC / McCauley based full bridge and a pretty simple low side controller circuit. The transformer is the difficult part, but I've managed a method that has only created one evil red Slinky of wasted magnet wire and is working great now. Doing transformers by hand is patient work....

I was an avid motorcyclist until the advent of modern attention-deficit driving and emotions expressed with a vehicle, I fly high powered rockets, and read myself blind.

I work a lot but as a senior electronics tech getting to do engineering, the difficulty and the joy is max!

Cheers / Robert
Cheers / Robert

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Welcome Jan, Bojan, Umar and Robert!

Its the all range of age, experience and geographical location that really makes up the HV community. I looking forward to see your projects and help others succeed with theirs, by your help :)

Kind regards
Mads
https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk - Tesla coils, high voltage, pulse power, audio and general electronics
https://www.youtube.com/KaizerPowerElectronicsDk60/join - Please consider supporting the forum, websites and youtube channel!

Offline Manz

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2022, 06:10:14 PM »
Hello everyone.
I'm Andrea and I live in the north of  Italy. This is my first post on this forum after spending something like 5 years reading it without ever being a member.
Tesla coils always had a place in my heart and I now have a working (and excellent performing) DRSSTC. I'm planning to make a thread in the future about it to show my progress and to thank everyone that helped me.
I hope I didn't break any rule as this is my first forum ever :)
Best regards,
Andrea

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2022, 10:11:07 PM »
Hello everyone.
I'm Andrea and I live in the north of  Italy. This is my first post on this forum after spending something like 5 years reading it without ever being a member.
Tesla coils always had a place in my heart and I now have a working (and excellent performing) DRSSTC. I'm planning to make a thread in the future about it to show my progress and to thank everyone that helped me.
I hope I didn't break any rule as this is my first forum ever :)
Best regards,
Andrea

Hi Andrea and welcome to HVF!

You did everything right and looking forward to see your thread about your DRSSTC :)

Offline Didik

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2022, 11:29:45 AM »
hello friends.my name is student.i'm from indonesia.sorry if my english is messed up..i'm 30 years old.i really want to learn about tesla coil with my friends in this forum..thank you :)

Offline NerdlabsMadScience

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2022, 02:20:37 AM »
My name is Walden, i am 12 years old, and my electrical engineer dad got me into electronics at age 5. After getting into tesla coiling because of watching this video from the channel RimstarOrg
i built my first coil at age 11, which was a spark gap coil that i affectionately named "El Zappo". I started a youtube channel called Nerdlabs. here is a link to my channel btw: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs89-rofBlsPZuuwj62k8A I am now working on a QCW coil as a youtube collaboration video with fellow young science youtuber ThePlasmaPrince. Check out his channel here https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePlasmaPrince_sophmore_scientist/videos
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 02:26:13 AM by NerdlabsMadScience »

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2022, 07:49:50 AM »
Welcome to HVF Walden!

It is great to see new aspiring high voltage enthusiast! I really like your YouTube trailer video. Get some more content rolling, do introduction videos to projects that you have finished, its sometimes easier than trying to document the building process.

Hope to see much more form you!

Offline NyaaX_X

• High Voltage Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2022, 05:03:50 PM »
Hello everybody, I learned about "Tesla coil" from my friend's google-ing page. So I found a common slayer-exciter to build a tiny one. Then it lighted a CCFL successfully. I feel happy to step into this new world. A few years later I try to make a little SGTC from a mosquito swatter. But I think that is just a pulse spark generator... So I get a ZVS oscillator and high voltage capacitor to assemble a bigger one. I think it works,but it's noisy. So now I am trying a single MOSFET classE SSTC from Mr. Steve Ward.

I am not good at speaking english.. sorry for that
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 05:12:51 PM by NyaaX_X »

Offline NerdlabsMadScience

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2022, 06:17:54 PM »
Thanks Mads, as a huge styropyro fan i feel like it's pretty important to document the build process of my coils, as it helps people who are not into the niche hobby of tesla coiling and somehow found my videos start to understand what the heck a tesla coil is and how it works. also it gives me an excuse to make sick build montages with dubstep music lol

Also btw where should i go on the forum to discuss induction heating?

High Voltage Forum

« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2022, 06:17:54 PM »

* Recent Topics and Posts

post Re: Re-chargeable 1.5 volt lithium ion AAA batteries
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
Today at 04:47:35 AM
[General Chat]
davekni
Today at 03:59:27 AM
post Re: Kaizer VTTC 1
[Vacuum Tube Tesla Coils (VTTC)]
MRMILSTAR
March 28, 2024, 09:15:11 PM
post Re: capacitor and diodes. Voltage values for a CW
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 28, 2024, 01:01:12 PM
post Re: Big Coil Build Log
[Dual Resonant Solid State Tesla coils (DRSSTC)]
flyingperson23
March 28, 2024, 05:47:34 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
davekni
March 28, 2024, 04:45:07 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 28, 2024, 04:18:27 AM
post Push Pull VTTC
[Vacuum Tube Tesla Coils (VTTC)]
janno288
March 28, 2024, 01:10:08 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 27, 2024, 10:54:52 PM
post Re: CM400 Induction Heater
[Electronic Circuits]
markus
March 27, 2024, 11:53:42 AM
post Re: OCD Triggering Early + Low Output
davekni
March 27, 2024, 05:14:36 AM
post Re: Is the UD2.7C under voltage lock out basically worthless?
davekni
March 27, 2024, 04:47:48 AM
post Re: DRSSTC Questions
davekni
March 27, 2024, 04:41:59 AM
alan sailer
March 27, 2024, 12:04:34 AM
post Re: Super flat QCW simulation (does this look reasonable?)
toooldforthis
March 26, 2024, 11:08:14 PM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 26, 2024, 11:07:20 PM
post Re: Is the UD2.7C under voltage lock out basically worthless?
Benjamin Lockhart
March 26, 2024, 10:46:29 PM
post OCD Triggering Early + Low Output
Saattvik24
March 26, 2024, 09:03:43 PM
alan sailer
March 26, 2024, 08:46:59 PM
flyingperson23
March 26, 2024, 05:02:18 PM
alan sailer
March 26, 2024, 03:16:03 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
Anders Mikkelsen
March 26, 2024, 01:41:49 PM
post Re: Benjamin's DRSSTC 2 in progress
Benjamin Lockhart
March 26, 2024, 04:48:22 AM
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
March 26, 2024, 04:16:37 AM
davekni
March 26, 2024, 04:16:24 AM
post Re: Smoke Screen Machine Protect 950 XP - Teardown of a Smoke Cannon!
[Electronic Circuits]
davekni
March 26, 2024, 04:13:02 AM
[Electronic Circuits]
davekni
March 26, 2024, 04:00:43 AM
[General Chat]
davekni
March 26, 2024, 03:19:18 AM
thedoc298
March 26, 2024, 01:50:42 AM
flyingperson23
March 25, 2024, 08:05:02 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
Mads Barnkob
March 25, 2024, 07:41:29 PM
alan sailer
March 25, 2024, 06:45:46 PM
flyingperson23
March 25, 2024, 05:44:25 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
Anders Mikkelsen
March 25, 2024, 04:47:17 PM
alan sailer
March 25, 2024, 04:27:22 PM
post Re-chargeable 1.5 volt lithium ion AAA batteries
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
March 25, 2024, 03:57:34 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
markus
March 25, 2024, 02:06:41 PM
post Re: Odd MOSFET Driver Behavior
[Solid State Tesla Coils (SSTC)]
KrisPringle
March 25, 2024, 04:43:25 AM
davekni
March 25, 2024, 02:39:40 AM
KrisPringle
March 25, 2024, 12:47:09 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 24, 2024, 07:36:32 PM
post Re: My completed 14-stage Cockroft-Walton voltage multiplier
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 24, 2024, 07:27:24 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 24, 2024, 04:25:23 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 23, 2024, 10:47:35 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 23, 2024, 09:30:21 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 23, 2024, 04:34:31 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 23, 2024, 03:04:25 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 23, 2024, 01:38:34 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 23, 2024, 04:20:03 AM
post Re: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)
[General Chat]
davekni
March 23, 2024, 12:54:30 AM
[Electronic Circuits]
davekni
March 23, 2024, 12:05:57 AM
post capacitor and diodes. Voltage values for a CW
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 22, 2024, 11:45:03 PM
post Re: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)
[General Chat]
OmGigaTron
March 22, 2024, 11:30:09 PM
post Smoke Screen Machine Protect 950 XP - Teardown of a Smoke Cannon!
[Electronic Circuits]
Mads Barnkob
March 22, 2024, 10:20:35 PM
post Re: Where's all this voltage coming from?
[Spark Gap Tesla Coils (SGTC)]
Benbmw
March 22, 2024, 09:21:13 PM
post Re: What actually kills MOSFETs?
[Beginners]
AstRii
March 22, 2024, 03:37:11 PM
post What actually kills MOSFETs?
[Beginners]
FPS
March 22, 2024, 05:09:20 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 22, 2024, 03:57:54 AM
davekni
March 22, 2024, 02:59:25 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 21, 2024, 06:31:42 PM
post Re: 2x Panasonic Inverter Microwaves - what to salvage, dangers?
[General Chat]
rikkitikkitavi
March 21, 2024, 03:08:01 PM
post Re: [WTS] IGBT, Ferrite, Capacitors, Tools, PSU, Industrial components and parts
[Sell / Buy / Trade]
Mads Barnkob
March 21, 2024, 01:37:32 PM
post Re: Difference between these transformers
[Transformer (Ferrite Core)]
Alberto
March 21, 2024, 11:42:07 AM
post Re: Phase Lead Questions
davekni
March 21, 2024, 04:09:14 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 21, 2024, 02:15:31 AM
post My Homemade Structural Analysis X-Ray Machine
[X-ray]
Luca c.
March 21, 2024, 01:35:40 AM
Saattvik24
March 20, 2024, 10:40:00 PM
post Re: Difference between these transformers
[Transformer (Ferrite Core)]
Mads Barnkob
March 20, 2024, 08:03:41 PM
[General Chat]
Mads Barnkob
March 20, 2024, 07:51:57 PM
Mads Barnkob
March 20, 2024, 10:39:47 AM
davekni
March 20, 2024, 04:09:59 AM
post Re: 160mm DRSSTC II project | Questions
Benjamin Lockhart
March 20, 2024, 01:13:23 AM
Keybored
March 20, 2024, 12:45:16 AM
flyingperson23
March 20, 2024, 12:30:30 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 19, 2024, 11:12:24 PM
Late
March 19, 2024, 09:47:49 PM
Late
March 19, 2024, 09:44:19 PM
post Phase Lead Questions
Saattvik24
March 19, 2024, 06:52:09 PM
flyingperson23
March 19, 2024, 05:02:44 PM
[General Chat]
Mads Barnkob
March 19, 2024, 05:01:41 PM
Mads Barnkob
March 19, 2024, 04:31:02 PM
Mads Barnkob
March 19, 2024, 03:59:54 PM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 19, 2024, 06:41:39 AM
[General Chat]
davekni
March 19, 2024, 04:05:49 AM
[General Chat]
OmGigaTron
March 18, 2024, 09:08:35 PM
post Re: Can I Trust This Super Cheap Site?
[General Chat]
2020-Man
March 18, 2024, 09:07:35 PM
[General Chat]
Twospoons
March 18, 2024, 08:57:06 PM
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
March 18, 2024, 03:51:33 PM
Late
March 18, 2024, 02:59:46 PM
Late
March 18, 2024, 02:33:25 PM
post Can I Trust This Super Cheap Site?
[General Chat]
2020-Man
March 18, 2024, 11:02:12 AM
Twospoons
March 18, 2024, 02:36:11 AM
post Re: Best forum for vacuum tube amplifiers?
[General Chat]
Mads Barnkob
March 17, 2024, 07:42:55 PM
[General Chat]
Michelle_
March 17, 2024, 04:15:14 PM
[General Chat]
Michelle_
March 17, 2024, 05:05:04 AM
davekni
March 17, 2024, 04:50:51 AM
[General Chat]
Twospoons
March 17, 2024, 04:45:17 AM
post 2x Panasonic Inverter Microwaves - what to salvage, dangers?
[General Chat]
Michelle_
March 17, 2024, 04:17:51 AM
post Where's all this voltage coming from?
Terry
March 17, 2024, 01:29:32 AM
flyingperson23
March 17, 2024, 12:33:06 AM

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal