Author Topic: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)  (Read 68501 times)

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
    • Kaizer Power Electronics
Re: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2022, 07:34:20 PM »
Thanks Mads, as a huge styropyro fan i feel like it's pretty important to document the build process of my coils, as it helps people who are not into the niche hobby of tesla coiling and somehow found my videos start to understand what the heck a tesla coil is and how it works. also it gives me an excuse to make sick build montages with dubstep music lol

Also btw where should i go on the forum to discuss induction heating?

Electronic Circuits: "General electrical circuits, design, teardowns, audio, induction heating etc, if it is not directly high voltage related it belongs here"
https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk - Tesla coils, high voltage, pulse power, audio and general electronics
https://www.youtube.com/KaizerPowerElectronicsDk60/join - Please consider supporting the forum, websites and youtube channel!

Offline NerdlabsMadScience

• High Voltage Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2022, 11:11:27 PM »

Offline klystronexcimer

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2022, 09:28:38 PM »
Hi!

I've just joined here & thought I should say hi.

I'm Kristen, out of Waltham Massachusetts. I haven't worked much with really high voltage - primarily under 15kV - but I have a new project that will need substantially higher voltages, so I thought joining here might be useful.

As a hobby, I have an ultra-high vacuum system, and do thin film experiments using sputtering and similar techniques. I'd really like to do ion implantation, so I am just putting my toes in the water with respect to designing & building a small linac (~1 meter long RF drift tube). This will be a pulse-mode, not continuous wave linac, so I am learning about capacitor banks and pulse-forming networks.

If anyone is interested, I can post some photos when I have something tangible to show.

Regards,
Kristen

Offline AkashaStar

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2022, 01:56:10 PM »
Hi  :)

I’m Akasha.  I’ve been building Tesla coils for about 20 years now, starting with classic SGC, then John Freau's design with 2 x Svetlana 572 tubes and MOT's.  At the time I knew little about magnetics or RF design (Dunning-Kruger effect :D) so that was quite an apprenticeship. 

On and off over the last ten years, I've worked through learning stages from a simple class D design with external drive signal to more sophisticated designs with secondary feedback and finally, with primary current feedback. I completed a bit of undergrad academic study in EE, just to make life more interesting. 

I followed and built the Steve Ward design that was the 2009 (?) precursor to UD2.7 as it is now, and have stayed aware of that circuit as it has evolved.  I fried plenty of driver chips in my time before I understood proper RF design and ground planes.

Very pleasing to see how widely it is being used, well over a decade since the early version.

Last year I finished a full bridge DRSSTC with pleasing results.   I put it aside after intentionally testing the IGBT’s in the H bridge to destruction.  The new version will have a half-bridge but of much tougher devices.  Let's see how they perform first.

I enjoy RF design, power electronics theory, materials science and making robust designs. I love this forum and the space it offers to aficionados of all levels and hope to contribute what I can. 

I'm very familiar with your work, Mads, and your published design for an H bridge that you made available on the internet for a few years ( I think you only took it down recently0 was one that I followed.    I also acknowledge the very helpful open-source info that LoneOceans has put out there, and going right back to the mid 2000's, Steve Ward's work.

My current focus is to make a few changes to my inverter, settling down for a max output power of 400A, and putting measures in place to make the unit robust and reliable, neatly encased and easily moved around in a small flight case.  I'm very happy with the inverter which only weighs a few pounds.  My apartment dimensions are comfortable enough but there's only enough room for around 1 metre of sound and light show from the antinode of the secondary coil.

I do like a waveform on a 'scope.  This was the moment when I first saw the modulation envelope of my DRSSTC in tune-up and knew that everything was aok.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 10:03:44 PM by AkashaStar »
Akasha

Offline nzoomed

• View Profile
Hi everyone
« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2023, 03:15:26 AM »
Ive just moved over from 4HV.
Looking forward to building a second DRSSTC at some point!

Offline stoppi_physics

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2023, 03:17:32 PM »
Hello!
My name is Christoph (nickname stoppi) and I'm from Austria. I'm a Highschool-teacher for mathematics and physics. Physics and advanced physics projects made at home with cheap equipment/parts are my great passion.

Here you can find my documented experiments: https://stoppi-homemade-physics.de/

I wish you a happy new year and a lot of fun with your hobby, best regards stoppi

Offline dru

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2023, 11:48:42 AM »
Hello,
I joined this forum in September but I forgot to post an introduction. My name is Sean (Dru is a nickname), 20yr old from Ipswich, Massachusetts. Graduated hs at Exeter last spring and have been working with electronics for a couple years now. I built my first Tesla coil in mid 2021, before that I was mostly focused on lasers. I enjoy working on a variety of projects simultaneously, often with the end goal of synthesizing them. I've been coding for a while as well, working on AI and embedded software for the coils. I'm also very passionate about math, through high school I advanced well into university level mathematics, which has proven a great help in designing and understanding circuits. Mostly studying complex analysis and topology right now, some abstract algebra too. Currently electronics stuff is a hobby, I do plan on pursuing it in college though. I've enjoyed seeing all the interesting projects on here since I joined!

Offline Blitz07

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2023, 06:28:05 PM »
Hello 👋 my name is Morgan I'm a electrical engineer hobbyist . I've been building Tesla coils for a while now it's been 4 years since I've gotten into the hobby and I'm absolutely fascinated with it . I can wait to get to know everyone and share my skills and knowledge with everyone.. I've built several drsstcs and sstcs also a QCWdrsstc.... Looking forward to this experience... Thanks ...

Offline Alex_1996

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2023, 01:45:58 PM »
Hello! My name is Alex and I am a fan of Tesla Coil construction and high voltage experiments  ;D

I am fascinated by the life of Nikola Tesla and everything he researched. I have built several SSTC and ¨fake¨DRSSTC, that is, with secondary feedback and without OCD

My goal is to learn more and more about Tesla Coils and high voltage in general  :)

I am glad to have met this great forum

Offline Benjamin Lockhart

• High Voltage Experimenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2023, 12:50:20 AM »
Hi all,

I've just joined so I'll introduce myself. My name is Benjamin.
I've been on 4HV for a while already.
I've been building tesla coils for about 10 years and I've made several spark gap and solid state coils. I also like to build musical instruments from time to time.
This is my best performing system so far.
/>https://www.youtube.com/shorts/IBRT-fRYKL8

Offline Rafft

• High Voltage Technician
  • Electronics Hobbyist - HV n00b - FPV Dr0n3 Pil0t
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2023, 04:08:16 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Nice coil!
1st impressions looked kinda wonky with 'skinny sec' and very big topload.

It was a tesla magnifier
SGTC / SSTC / DR-SSTC / QCW

Offline Benjamin Lockhart

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2023, 08:32:36 AM »
Thanks, I'm going to try a shorter wider resonator coil with the same inductance soon. It really needs the big toroid!
I'll make a thread about the coil later.

Offline ComptonJosh83

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2023, 10:52:20 PM »
Hi my name is Joshua, from florida USA.
  Im a father of five. Im not really good with electronics and, need help with something. I've done a lot of research on ELF pulse modulated microwaves, microwave hearing effect, the frey effect and, everything related to v2k. Is there any way to block or track the source. I can share links to all the research I've done.
 Please e-mail me with any help. I'm desperate for help at this point. ComptonJosh64@gmail.com
👺💢 J_Compton 💢👺

Offline Luca c.

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2023, 10:44:19 AM »
Hi to everyone, I'm Luca a material science student from Italy.
I'm a chemist by nature but electronics has always been my hobby, in particular high voltage, tubes, etc. I have built a SGTC and I'm planning to build a VTTC, now I'm working on a CW multiplier for an X-ray application.
I hope my limited knowledge might be useful to someone and to interact more with people that share my passion.
Ps my English is not the best sorry in advance.

Offline 曹靖

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2023, 02:20:15 PM »
Hello everyone (∀∀∀∀∀ ;)) I am a fan of Tesla coil from China~I come here to learn more about Tesla coil theory and technology~My theory is not very good~I usually only use experiments to verify the lack of theory and calculation, so it is particularly difficult to make it~I have made Tesla coil for many years~I came into contact with Tesla coil in 2014~I will attach some of my representative works below
曹靖

Offline 曹靖

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2023, 02:34:50 PM »
I have done many Tesla coil~I started from SGTC, and then I have done SSTC HFSSTC DRSSTC QCWDRSSTC VTTC~I have tried most of Tesla coil~This is my latest video website [HFDRSSTC arc 40cm maximum power 740W constant frequency drive crystal oscillator frequency is 8.179MHz-bilibilibilibilibilibili] https://b23.tv/Xhqu615 I admit that in this video, I used sodium hydroxide as the discharge tip to prolong the arc
曹靖

Offline Kevin

• View Profile
Greetings all
My names Kevin, and I have recently retired, and am the creator of the biggg Tesla coil of Oklahoma. Last Fall I retired the coil after running it 23 years, it was time. It produced hot 26 foot sparks {point to point} thanks to its 14 gage secondary wire. I miss it already. This Winter I will be looking into its replacement. I have been building coils since 1992 in Oklahoma on a 5 acre homestead.

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
    • Kaizer Power Electronics
Greetings all
My names Kevin, and I have recently retired, and am the creator of the biggg Tesla coil of Oklahoma. Last Fall I retired the coil after running it 23 years, it was time. It produced hot 26 foot sparks {point to point} thanks to its 14 gage secondary wire. I miss it already. This Winter I will be looking into its replacement. I have been building coils since 1992 in Oklahoma on a 5 acre homestead.

Welcome Kevin! A legend :)

I hear that you are in the market for a large DRSSTC?
https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk - Tesla coils, high voltage, pulse power, audio and general electronics
https://www.youtube.com/KaizerPowerElectronicsDk60/join - Please consider supporting the forum, websites and youtube channel!

Offline Felix M.

• View Profile
Hi guys,
I'm Felix, 17 years old and I live in southern Germany. I've been doing high voltage since new year 2020 and after doing all the "classics" like flybacks, MOTs, voltage doublers, etc. I started building my first SGTC earlier this year. After then building a small SSTC based on a very simple design from LabCoats, I dug into the DRSSTC-world. The DRSSTC design guide helped me a lot so far but there are still some questions. These questions brought me here and I hope I find some answers :)

Cheerio ;)

Offline NeoMan

• View Profile
Hi All!
I'm an old guy that will never grow up. I started building HV stuff when I was a kid and built my first spark gap coil in the early 70s... my mom was not happy with me after I got zapped unconscious in my bed room. DIY in my day was building my capacitors with glass plates and aluminum foil. My first VTTC I used an 813 transmitting tube along with stuff from Fair Radio Sales.... was a cool mail order company in Lima Ohio where I could get things to my home in Phoenix Arizona. I played with old gas engines and HAM radio in highschool having access to a 1KW Collins transmitter. Always a go getter I did a double major of electrical and mechanical engineering. I went into business for myself in 1986 when the firm I was working at sold off the machine shop. April 1 I started my job shop biz! I have worked on so many different things in different areas of invention and production over these years and many times in the background sub contracted with automotive, communication, medical and have helped bring new ideas into the world... even had two of my projects orbit the globe in space.
In the last number of years I literally changed the tattoo industry with my new ideas to make the biz better and continue to do so today. In my CNC shop I have seven three axis machining centers plus
two 6 axis multifunction Tsugami lathes, along with fiber and CO2 lasers, SLA and FDM printers.
So I am a weird guy that can make just about anything.
Some years ago I started working on my " Thermionic Emitter," a large VTTC using a 4PR1000A pulse tetrode along with a lethal dose DC Cap bank at a ridiculous high voltage! Kinda put it on the back burner while I was working on the screen biasing due to a big contract... need to get back on it.
So, I keep reading and researching the developments in SSTC, DRSSTC and the QCW and now think I want to play! This looks like the place!!

High Voltage Forum

* Recent Topics and Posts

post Re: Small-ish 3D printed SGTC via cheap ZVS flyback build, humbly asking a couple ?s
[Spark Gap Tesla Coils (SGTC)]
Michelle_
Today at 05:55:24 AM
post Re: Weird AC/DC mini SSTC build review
[Solid State Tesla Coils (SSTC)]
Michelle_
Today at 05:44:12 AM
post Re: Small-ish 3D printed SGTC via cheap ZVS flyback build, humbly asking a couple ?s
MRMILSTAR
Today at 05:11:54 AM
post Re: Help with primary voltages of unknown transformer
[Transformer (Ferrite Core)]
alan sailer
May 13, 2024, 11:44:56 PM
Domo
May 13, 2024, 10:28:34 PM
alan sailer
May 13, 2024, 10:20:19 PM
Domo
May 13, 2024, 09:27:58 PM
alan sailer
May 13, 2024, 09:06:59 PM
post Help with primary voltages of unknown transformer
Domo
May 13, 2024, 08:43:49 PM
post Re: Benjamin's DRSSTC 2 in progress
[Dual Resonant Solid State Tesla coils (DRSSTC)]
Benjamin Lockhart
May 13, 2024, 07:25:29 PM
post Re: Plasma Torid - Class E Self Resonant Dual/Stereo - Plasma Torid Build
OmGigaTron
May 13, 2024, 06:50:59 PM
Michelle_
May 13, 2024, 03:47:08 PM
Michelle_
May 13, 2024, 03:42:58 PM
post Re: Aluminum electrolytic capacitor ripple current issue
[Beginners]
NyaaX_X
May 13, 2024, 07:09:16 AM
[Beginners]
davekni
May 13, 2024, 05:02:46 AM
[Beginners]
NyaaX_X
May 13, 2024, 02:25:25 AM
alan sailer
May 13, 2024, 01:39:11 AM
post Re: Plasma Toroid
alan sailer
May 13, 2024, 01:33:21 AM
[Beginners]
davekni
May 12, 2024, 10:56:53 PM
post Re: Quick question about steve ward mini SST5 resonant frequency
NyaaX_X
May 12, 2024, 05:10:40 PM
post Re: Help with LabCoatz's Staccato QCW DRSSTC Tesla Coil
[Beginners]
Michelle_
May 12, 2024, 04:24:44 PM
[Beginners]
alan sailer
May 12, 2024, 04:10:54 PM
[Beginners]
Michelle_
May 12, 2024, 04:04:11 PM
[Beginners]
hal7rr
May 12, 2024, 03:56:57 PM
[Beginners]
Michelle_
May 12, 2024, 03:46:45 PM
[Beginners]
hal7rr
May 12, 2024, 02:59:16 PM
Michelle_
May 12, 2024, 02:51:27 PM
[Beginners]
Michelle_
May 12, 2024, 02:49:42 PM
ZakW
May 12, 2024, 08:34:39 AM
[Beginners]
ZakW
May 12, 2024, 08:30:29 AM
[Beginners]
Michelle_
May 12, 2024, 02:35:17 AM
[Beginners]
alan sailer
May 12, 2024, 02:07:32 AM
[Beginners]
Michelle_
May 11, 2024, 09:55:59 PM
post Re: Help with LabCoatz's Staccato QCW DRSSTC
[Beginners]
NyaaX_X
May 11, 2024, 06:16:22 PM
post Help with LabCoatz's Staccato QCW DRSSTC Tesla Coil
[Beginners]
hal7rr
May 11, 2024, 05:24:34 PM
post Re: Type 77 Metglas Laced Ferrite Core
[General Chat]
NyaaX_X
May 11, 2024, 10:39:24 AM
post Re: Type 77 Metglas Laced Ferrite Core
[General Chat]
Mads Barnkob
May 11, 2024, 07:02:20 AM
[Beginners]
NyaaX_X
May 11, 2024, 06:40:50 AM
post Type 77 Metglas Laced Ferrite Core
[General Chat]
paulp1776
May 11, 2024, 06:23:59 AM
Michelle_
May 11, 2024, 05:27:22 AM
alan sailer
May 11, 2024, 01:37:37 AM
post Re: designing and building electron gun help!
[General Chat]
Twospoons
May 11, 2024, 12:10:44 AM
post designing and building electron gun help!
[General Chat]
Luca c.
May 10, 2024, 09:38:05 PM
Michelle_
May 10, 2024, 09:24:21 PM
alan sailer
May 10, 2024, 08:43:11 PM
post Quick question about steve ward mini SST5 resonant frequency
Michelle_
May 10, 2024, 08:33:47 PM
post Weird AC/DC mini SSTC build review
Michelle_
May 10, 2024, 05:34:15 AM
post Re: Question about using mains power and variacs to power this circuit
[Beginners]
Michelle_
May 10, 2024, 05:08:38 AM
[Beginners]
Twospoons
May 10, 2024, 03:02:13 AM
[Beginners]
davekni
May 10, 2024, 01:39:53 AM
[Beginners]
Twospoons
May 10, 2024, 12:06:50 AM
[Beginners]
klugesmith
May 09, 2024, 07:10:19 PM
[Beginners]
klugesmith
May 09, 2024, 06:59:22 PM
[Beginners]
Michelle_
May 09, 2024, 03:42:49 PM
[Beginners]
Michelle_
May 09, 2024, 03:06:19 PM
[Beginners]
Mads Barnkob
May 09, 2024, 01:05:26 PM
[Beginners]
NyaaX_X
May 09, 2024, 09:15:24 AM
Lasr8
May 09, 2024, 04:45:33 AM
[Beginners]
davekni
May 09, 2024, 03:56:52 AM
[Beginners]
Michelle_
May 09, 2024, 02:16:30 AM
[Beginners]
Michelle_
May 09, 2024, 02:00:28 AM
[Beginners]
unrealcrafter2
May 09, 2024, 12:48:57 AM
post Re: Capacitor Blowout
[Sell / Buy / Trade]
radioman
May 08, 2024, 09:04:54 PM
post Question about using mains power and variacs to power this circuit
[Beginners]
Michelle_
May 08, 2024, 08:10:41 PM
Michelle_
May 08, 2024, 07:33:43 PM
post Re: How do you measure HV current?
[Beginners]
unrealcrafter2
May 08, 2024, 07:33:31 PM
[Beginners]
NyaaX_X
May 08, 2024, 01:31:28 PM
[Beginners]
Twospoons
May 08, 2024, 06:41:48 AM
post Tesla coil amplitude dies after one corona discharge.
Simranjit
May 08, 2024, 05:42:07 AM
Michelle_
May 07, 2024, 06:46:16 PM
post What capacitor configuration to explode foil?
[Capacitor Banks]
FPS
May 07, 2024, 03:51:32 PM
alan sailer
May 07, 2024, 03:20:23 PM
NyaaX_X
May 07, 2024, 11:00:00 AM
post Aluminum electrolytic capacitor ripple current issue
[Beginners]
NyaaX_X
May 07, 2024, 06:07:48 AM
post Re: 3D printed mini-slayer: world's weakest tesla coil
Michelle_
May 06, 2024, 04:43:19 PM
post Re: 3D printed mini-slayer: world's weakest tesla coil
Mads Barnkob
May 06, 2024, 04:26:44 PM
post Re: Feedback core for Tesla coil
Mads Barnkob
May 06, 2024, 04:24:57 PM
post Re: CM400 Induction Heater
[Electronic Circuits]
Anders Mikkelsen
May 06, 2024, 04:20:37 PM
post Feedback core for Tesla coil
Simranjit
May 06, 2024, 04:28:59 AM
davekni
May 06, 2024, 02:57:19 AM
alan sailer
May 06, 2024, 02:07:38 AM
Michelle_
May 05, 2024, 11:29:46 PM
alan sailer
May 05, 2024, 10:27:01 PM
davekni
May 05, 2024, 10:10:11 PM
Michelle_
May 05, 2024, 08:06:11 PM
post Re: Ferrite material for GDT SSTC/DRSSTC
[General Chat]
alan sailer
May 05, 2024, 04:28:35 PM
Michelle_
May 05, 2024, 06:31:32 AM
post Re: Big Coil Build Log
flyingperson23
May 05, 2024, 05:48:43 AM
[General Chat]
thedark
May 05, 2024, 04:49:39 AM
[General Chat]
thedark
May 05, 2024, 04:28:40 AM
[General Chat]
davekni
May 05, 2024, 03:05:44 AM
davekni
May 05, 2024, 02:54:42 AM
post Ferrite material for GDT SSTC/DRSSTC
[General Chat]
thedark
May 05, 2024, 02:21:54 AM
Michelle_
May 05, 2024, 01:46:25 AM
post Re: TVS diode vs RCD snubber for protect IGBT peak voltage
[General Chat]
davekni
May 05, 2024, 12:26:38 AM
[General Chat]
thedark
May 04, 2024, 10:48:10 PM
[General Chat]
klugesmith
May 04, 2024, 10:40:15 PM
post TVS diode vs RCD snubber for protect IGBT peak voltage
[General Chat]
thedark
May 04, 2024, 09:30:32 PM
post Re: CM400 Induction Heater
[Electronic Circuits]
davekni
May 04, 2024, 08:56:27 PM
post Re: Big Coil Build Log
Benjamin Lockhart
May 04, 2024, 04:25:00 AM

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal