Author Topic: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)  (Read 65964 times)

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
    • Kaizer Power Electronics
Welcome  :)

This sticky thread is for all new members to post a short notice about themselves, reasons for joining, dreams on what to learn or help others with, tell a little about your life, job and hobbies. It is a good place to break the ice and make your first post on HVF.net

Please do include links to your website, facebook page, youtube channel or other palces where people can follow your HV activities.

Existing members can greet and ask questions.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 09:22:08 AM by Mads Barnkob »
https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk - Tesla coils, high voltage, pulse power, audio and general electronics
https://www.youtube.com/KaizerPowerElectronicsDk60/join - Please consider supporting the forum, websites and youtube channel!

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 07:48:04 PM »
I might aswell start with myself :)

My name is Mads, I live in Odense, Denmark with my girlfriend and our 4 year old daughter.

I work with industrial automation, PLC programming, offshore safety systems and do commissioning travel to customers.

I have been working with electronics and high voltage since 2008, started from scratch with a educational background as electrician.

I run my electronics blog and documentation website www.kaizerpowerelectronics.dk and has a website about insect macro photography at www.disorder.dk/dyr/ and another website about weissbier and port wine at www.disorder.dk

https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk - Tesla coils, high voltage, pulse power, audio and general electronics
https://www.youtube.com/KaizerPowerElectronicsDk60/join - Please consider supporting the forum, websites and youtube channel!

Offline Zbig

• High Voltage Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 09:52:09 PM »
Hello,
It seems that I'm the second member  :) - or nobody follows forum rulses  ;)
Anyway, My name is Zbigniew or Zbig for short.  I live in Warsaw, Poland with my family. I'm  newbie in Tesla Coil area, but quite experienced electronic engineer and programmer (PC and embedded systems - AVR and ARM).
I've  discovered Tesla coils recently and make some experiments with it, so eventually I;ve found this forum and decided to share my experiments with other enthusiasts.

Zbig.
Zbigniew Bigaj

Offline DaiKen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 10:13:07 AM »
Hi all,

My name is Ton DaiKen Akveld, I am from The Netherlands and I have been interested in Tesla coils for quite some time. Decennia ago I studied electronics, medcine and spent most of my working life in IT management. Nowadays I am a zen teacher and just bought a small musical Tesla coil (see attached), which started my appetite to (finally) start building one myself. Currently I am reading a lot on the subject and found the book 'The ULTIMATE Tesla Coil Design and Construction Guide' by Mitch Tilbury which I bought years ago. Hope to learn from and contribute to this forum a lot!

Kind regards,

Ton DaiKen

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 06:38:10 PM »
Welcome both Zbig and Ton :)

Thumbs up for spending a few minutes on a introduction, I hope you will study hard, read a lot and ask some good questions so we can crack our brains together :)

Ton, the book you are referring to is about spark gap tesla coils SGTC and that can not be audio modulated like the onetesla kit that you have, that type is called a DRSSTC and I have a unfinished guide on designing such, sorry but it is a long work to write all that: http://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/tesla-coils/drsstc-design-guide/

I also have a few calculators to aid instead of the spreadsheets: http://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/calculators/mmc-calculator/ and the rest at http://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/calculators/

Offline DaiKen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 09:11:31 PM »
Thanks for your reply, Mads.
I am aware of the difference between the sg- and (musical) drsstc's. When I bought the book several years ago, not much was known about the dssstc's (to me at least) and I like the math in the book.
I already took a look at your guide and am very pleased with it, so I hope you keep up the good work!

Kind regards.

Offline Laci

• High Voltage Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 09:40:42 PM »
I think it's my turn :)
Hello everybody!
I'm not really a new member,just forgot to reply here.Anyways here I am,a 15 years old hungarian boy from Romania.I live in a village with my parents and my brother.I'm learning mathematics and c++ programming in high school.Please excuse if my english is bad,or I say/said something incorrect :)

I'm addicted to elecronics probably since I got electicuted when I was 3 :) I started experimenting with mechanical electric systems,like electromagnets,solenoids and motors.About one and a half year ago I joined to the world of high voltage.The first failed attempts of a sleyer exciter just made more determined to get to a higher level.Over time I spent more and more time with electronics,mainly with tesla coils.
In december,2016 a slayer exciter tesla coil was completed,which produced 2-3cm arcs.I was really happy with it,but other coils on the internet motivated me to make something more mindblowing.This is my actual dream:to make a dual resonant solid state tesla coil!
Sadly,things are going hard,I have very small knowledge about electrical circuits and my experiments usually fail.A pile of semiconductors,like BJTs,MOSFETs,IGBTs,other ICs,a MP4 player and my phone's motherboard give up to work while experimenting.I choose the hard way...
But not just bad things happened.I learnt a lot and had some succesfull projects,which I'm really proud of.

The reason why I registrated here is to ask for help at various problems and to help other people to avoid the same mistaked which I did.

I wish you all the best!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:43:38 PM by Laci »

Offline oneKone

• High Voltage Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 03:07:35 AM »
Wow.. I can't believe I missed this thread!

I'm Chris from Perth, Australia. For as long as I remembered I've always been fascinated with computers, electronics and mechanics. I've been working as a cnc machinist for 10+ years now. I've designed and built two four stroke engines, built a few gaming PC's but the one thing that always pulls me back in are Tesla coils!

The first one I built had about 10mm discharge.... Small but it was a start! Since then I've learnt quite a bit but have much more to learn. I'm learning quite a bit from this forum, hopefully oneday I'll be able to give sound advice to newcomers of Tesla coils.

Offline Giuliocassano97

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 02:19:42 PM »
Hello everybody!
My name is Giulio Cassano, from Italy, and I am new in this forum from two days ago under suggestion of Mads, thank you Mads!
 I've finished the school one year ago and now I work as a electrician, I hope is momentaneus job because I want to find the way for me.
Always attracted by electronics, robotics, mechanics and everything that is scientific, I've built a lots of device and I have a good quality to make it work with " poors man" material :')
I don't remember when I discovered tesla coils but it was love at first seen! And I Starts to build prototype with empirical methods and now I have a moderate knowledge about tesla coil but I hope to understand the most possible about it.
Between my hobbies there are also motors..
I'm a superbike freestyle stuntman and motocross rider and I like build off roads prototype cars and Go-Karts, I'll be happy to show it to you if you want :)

Offline TDAF

• High Voltage Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 07:38:00 AM »
Hello!!
My name's Anurag
I'm 14 years old
I've built an SSTC and am on my way to building a DRSSTC soon
i've registered on this forum to help me troubleshoot my DRSSTC and gain some help with the other projects i take on in the future

Offline AndreiRS

• High Voltage Experimenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 11:52:35 PM »
Hi, my name is Andrei. I have been searching about the topics you talk on this forum for some time. Since I was 16 years old maybe, now 28. But I don't work with hv. It was very good that I found this forum on google. Nice forum name by the way, it is the first thing I typed, "high voltage forum". :D Maybe sometimes I will use some weird word in some wrong place, by accident, that is because english is not my first language.

I tried to build a small Tesla coil some years ago, it didn't work. I was using a flyback with low power as primary transformer. Some weeks ago I put together a hv transformer, calculated to put out 13.8kV @ 100mA. The winding has a lot of resistance, so with no load, it may hit 14kV and a bit more. Then of course I decided to build a new Tesla coil. It already worked, very weak. I will get into details on another topic. Thank you.

For some reason my internet provider won't allow me to enter this site. So I'm using the mobile service, hope they fix it soon. When I call them, they know nothing.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 11:55:43 PM by AndreiRS »

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 08:16:52 AM »
Welcome Giulio, Anurag and Andrei.

I am looking forward to see your projects and help you along the way building/troubleshooting it.

Good that you found a way to the forum Andrei, hopefully you get it fixed with your ISP, don't worry too much about your English, it seems fine for discussing technical issues :)

Offline the_anomaly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2018, 02:50:16 PM »
Hello all,

I've been a 4hv member since.. 04? Figured I would venture to this forum to see whats new.  I studied electrical engineering in college, then went to work for a medical device manufacturer designing buck converters and digital circuits.  Done a lot of microprocessor design and written a lot of firmware and some computer software. 

I got into electronics when my dad showed me a magazine article of building an electric fence.  Been hooked ever since.  Played with HV and coil guns for a number of years.  Now trying to start my own business off an energy storage idea.  I look forward to contributing, learning, and helping others learn.

-Nick

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 07:47:27 PM »
Hello all,

I've been a 4hv member since.. 04? Figured I would venture to this forum to see whats new.  I studied electrical engineering in college, then went to work for a medical device manufacturer designing buck converters and digital circuits.  Done a lot of microprocessor design and written a lot of firmware and some computer software. 

I got into electronics when my dad showed me a magazine article of building an electric fence.  Been hooked ever since.  Played with HV and coil guns for a number of years.  Now trying to start my own business off an energy storage idea.  I look forward to contributing, learning, and helping others learn.

-Nick

Welcome Nick!

Always nice to see some electrical engineers that also has electronics as a hobby, there is fewer of you than there used to be.

I know you can not write much about your business development and products, but please do share if you have good information that would not endanger your own future sales :)

Offline StaticBuildup

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 01:13:04 AM »
Hi everyone,
I'm Lucia from London, UK.
I am an electronics hobbyist with an interest in static electricity, sparks, plasma and music-related projects. Recent projects include a static detector and musical neon oscillator. I would like to make a Tesla coil, but they look quite difficult.
I hope I can learn from this forum, and help others to learn.  :)

Offline Paultesla

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 09:45:21 PM »
Hi All,

I've been into electronics for over 35 years and I'm an RF design engineer. It is my passion, being a career and a hobby.

I tinker with high power high voltage Tesla coils for fun. I've been on 4HV for quite a long time, and been into Tesla coils for about 15 years.

House moves and other pressures have limited how much time I have been able to put into the hobby, but I am hoping to get back to my DRSSTC conversion of my 14" coil.

I'm from the UK.

Cheers,

Paul.

Offline Nijin

• View Profile
Hi everyone,

My name is Alexandre, i'm a french student in Electrical Engineering. I began to build tesla coil last year with a first SGTC then i upgrade it in DRSSTC mode. I have geat projects with tesla coil, my school (INSA LYON) ask me to promote it in differents science events near Lyon :)
Everything is a fuse if you pass enough current

Offline Andy Kay

• View Profile
Hi guys, my name is Andy Kay and I'm from England. I had an interest in electronics from an early age, and after attending university I started work in the industrial electronics field, moving on to telecommunications, and quickly found myself in software development. I'm now retired and revisiting the electronics scene. High voltage has caught my interest, Tesla coils, voltage multipliers, Jacob's ladders, etc. and I'd like to learn more about this stuff. Hoping this is the place to find instruction and inspiration.

Edit (9-May-2018):
I've been here a little while now and I've enjoyed reading the posts. I had tried to sign up to 4HV but got no response, so very happy to have found this site. Just want to say a big thank you to Mads.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 08:35:26 AM by Andy Kay »

Offline Mads Barnkob

• Administrator
  • Executive Board Member
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Welcome Lucia, we will help you to build a Tesla coil is some weeks/months time, just get an idea of your budget, topology and what tools you have available.

Welcome Paul, good to see some experienced people still building, really looking forward to hear more about your large DRSSTC conversion project!

Welcome Alexandre, please do show your coils and share video/pictures from your performances.

Welcome Andy, I look forward to see what project you will start out with and I hope I can help you on the way :)

Offline Felix Bieri

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2018, 07:42:41 PM »
Greetings everyone

My name's Felix, I'm an electronics engineer edit:ing student in Switzerland. I began building Coils in my apprenticeship and have built my first SGTC with around 300kV output (30cm sparks). Afterwards I immediately started building my DRSSTC which is nearly tripple the size of my SGTC. Well, long story short.... I'm currently stuck caus it won't work, so thats why i'm here :o
I worked with my coils for around 3 years now.

Great to meet you guys  ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 09:39:10 AM by Felix Bieri »
Metric system ftw :)

High Voltage Forum

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2018, 07:42:41 PM »

* Recent Topics and Posts

post Re: capacitor and diodes. Voltage values for a CW
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
Today at 01:01:12 PM
post Re: Big Coil Build Log
[Dual Resonant Solid State Tesla coils (DRSSTC)]
flyingperson23
Today at 05:47:34 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
davekni
Today at 04:45:07 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
Today at 04:18:27 AM
post Push Pull VTTC
[Vacuum Tube Tesla Coils (VTTC)]
janno288
Today at 01:10:08 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 27, 2024, 10:54:52 PM
post Re: CM400 Induction Heater
[Electronic Circuits]
markus
March 27, 2024, 11:53:42 AM
post Re: OCD Triggering Early + Low Output
davekni
March 27, 2024, 05:14:36 AM
post Re: Is the UD2.7C under voltage lock out basically worthless?
davekni
March 27, 2024, 04:47:48 AM
post Re: DRSSTC Questions
davekni
March 27, 2024, 04:41:59 AM
alan sailer
March 27, 2024, 12:04:34 AM
post Re: Super flat QCW simulation (does this look reasonable?)
toooldforthis
March 26, 2024, 11:08:14 PM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 26, 2024, 11:07:20 PM
post Re: Is the UD2.7C under voltage lock out basically worthless?
Benjamin Lockhart
March 26, 2024, 10:46:29 PM
post OCD Triggering Early + Low Output
Saattvik24
March 26, 2024, 09:03:43 PM
alan sailer
March 26, 2024, 08:46:59 PM
flyingperson23
March 26, 2024, 05:02:18 PM
alan sailer
March 26, 2024, 03:16:03 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
Anders Mikkelsen
March 26, 2024, 01:41:49 PM
post Re: Benjamin's DRSSTC 2 in progress
Benjamin Lockhart
March 26, 2024, 04:48:22 AM
post Re: Re-chargeable 1.5 volt lithium ion AAA batteries
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
March 26, 2024, 04:16:37 AM
davekni
March 26, 2024, 04:16:24 AM
post Re: Smoke Screen Machine Protect 950 XP - Teardown of a Smoke Cannon!
[Electronic Circuits]
davekni
March 26, 2024, 04:13:02 AM
[Electronic Circuits]
davekni
March 26, 2024, 04:00:43 AM
post Re: Re-chargeable 1.5 volt lithium ion AAA batteries
[General Chat]
davekni
March 26, 2024, 03:19:18 AM
thedoc298
March 26, 2024, 01:50:42 AM
flyingperson23
March 25, 2024, 08:05:02 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
Mads Barnkob
March 25, 2024, 07:41:29 PM
alan sailer
March 25, 2024, 06:45:46 PM
flyingperson23
March 25, 2024, 05:44:25 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
Anders Mikkelsen
March 25, 2024, 04:47:17 PM
alan sailer
March 25, 2024, 04:27:22 PM
post Re-chargeable 1.5 volt lithium ion AAA batteries
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
March 25, 2024, 03:57:34 PM
[Electronic Circuits]
markus
March 25, 2024, 02:06:41 PM
post Re: Odd MOSFET Driver Behavior
[Solid State Tesla Coils (SSTC)]
KrisPringle
March 25, 2024, 04:43:25 AM
davekni
March 25, 2024, 02:39:40 AM
KrisPringle
March 25, 2024, 12:47:09 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 24, 2024, 07:36:32 PM
post Re: My completed 14-stage Cockroft-Walton voltage multiplier
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 24, 2024, 07:27:24 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 24, 2024, 04:25:23 AM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 23, 2024, 10:47:35 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 23, 2024, 09:30:21 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 23, 2024, 04:34:31 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 23, 2024, 03:04:25 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 23, 2024, 01:38:34 PM
[Voltage Multipliers]
MRMILSTAR
March 23, 2024, 04:20:03 AM
post Re: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)
[General Chat]
davekni
March 23, 2024, 12:54:30 AM
[Electronic Circuits]
davekni
March 23, 2024, 12:05:57 AM
post capacitor and diodes. Voltage values for a CW
[Voltage Multipliers]
Alberto
March 22, 2024, 11:45:03 PM
post Re: Welcome new members, come say hello and tell a little about yourself :)
[General Chat]
OmGigaTron
March 22, 2024, 11:30:09 PM
post Smoke Screen Machine Protect 950 XP - Teardown of a Smoke Cannon!
[Electronic Circuits]
Mads Barnkob
March 22, 2024, 10:20:35 PM
post Re: Where's all this voltage coming from?
[Spark Gap Tesla Coils (SGTC)]
Benbmw
March 22, 2024, 09:21:13 PM
post Re: What actually kills MOSFETs?
[Beginners]
AstRii
March 22, 2024, 03:37:11 PM
post What actually kills MOSFETs?
[Beginners]
FPS
March 22, 2024, 05:09:20 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 22, 2024, 03:57:54 AM
davekni
March 22, 2024, 02:59:25 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 21, 2024, 06:31:42 PM
post Re: 2x Panasonic Inverter Microwaves - what to salvage, dangers?
[General Chat]
rikkitikkitavi
March 21, 2024, 03:08:01 PM
post Re: [WTS] IGBT, Ferrite, Capacitors, Tools, PSU, Industrial components and parts
[Sell / Buy / Trade]
Mads Barnkob
March 21, 2024, 01:37:32 PM
post Re: Difference between these transformers
[Transformer (Ferrite Core)]
Alberto
March 21, 2024, 11:42:07 AM
post Re: Phase Lead Questions
davekni
March 21, 2024, 04:09:14 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 21, 2024, 02:15:31 AM
post My Homemade Structural Analysis X-Ray Machine
[X-ray]
Luca c.
March 21, 2024, 01:35:40 AM
Saattvik24
March 20, 2024, 10:40:00 PM
post Re: Difference between these transformers
[Transformer (Ferrite Core)]
Mads Barnkob
March 20, 2024, 08:03:41 PM
[General Chat]
Mads Barnkob
March 20, 2024, 07:51:57 PM
Mads Barnkob
March 20, 2024, 10:39:47 AM
davekni
March 20, 2024, 04:09:59 AM
post Re: 160mm DRSSTC II project | Questions
Benjamin Lockhart
March 20, 2024, 01:13:23 AM
Keybored
March 20, 2024, 12:45:16 AM
flyingperson23
March 20, 2024, 12:30:30 AM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 19, 2024, 11:12:24 PM
Late
March 19, 2024, 09:47:49 PM
Late
March 19, 2024, 09:44:19 PM
post Phase Lead Questions
Saattvik24
March 19, 2024, 06:52:09 PM
flyingperson23
March 19, 2024, 05:02:44 PM
[General Chat]
Mads Barnkob
March 19, 2024, 05:01:41 PM
Mads Barnkob
March 19, 2024, 04:31:02 PM
Mads Barnkob
March 19, 2024, 03:59:54 PM
Benjamin Lockhart
March 19, 2024, 06:41:39 AM
[General Chat]
davekni
March 19, 2024, 04:05:49 AM
[General Chat]
OmGigaTron
March 18, 2024, 09:08:35 PM
post Re: Can I Trust This Super Cheap Site?
[General Chat]
2020-Man
March 18, 2024, 09:07:35 PM
[General Chat]
Twospoons
March 18, 2024, 08:57:06 PM
[General Chat]
MRMILSTAR
March 18, 2024, 03:51:33 PM
Late
March 18, 2024, 02:59:46 PM
Late
March 18, 2024, 02:33:25 PM
post Can I Trust This Super Cheap Site?
[General Chat]
2020-Man
March 18, 2024, 11:02:12 AM
Twospoons
March 18, 2024, 02:36:11 AM
post Re: Best forum for vacuum tube amplifiers?
[General Chat]
Mads Barnkob
March 17, 2024, 07:42:55 PM
[General Chat]
Michelle_
March 17, 2024, 04:15:14 PM
[General Chat]
Michelle_
March 17, 2024, 05:05:04 AM
davekni
March 17, 2024, 04:50:51 AM
[General Chat]
Twospoons
March 17, 2024, 04:45:17 AM
post 2x Panasonic Inverter Microwaves - what to salvage, dangers?
[General Chat]
Michelle_
March 17, 2024, 04:17:51 AM
post Where's all this voltage coming from?
Terry
March 17, 2024, 01:29:32 AM
flyingperson23
March 17, 2024, 12:33:06 AM
Keybored
March 16, 2024, 08:46:20 PM
post Re: Bleeder resistor for MMC
Hydron
March 16, 2024, 08:39:24 PM
Hydron
March 16, 2024, 08:21:44 PM

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal